No announcement yet.

Who Should Deontay Wilder Fight Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tokon View Post
    This is the best match up to progress towards a unification with Joshua/Klitchko winner.

However I think Parker/Fury winner will look towarrds unifying with Joshua/Klitchko rather than Wilder as that will bring a bigger payday in UK or Germany.
    If Parker fancies his chances against Wilder why not go for both, get Wilder first then collect even more against that winner.

Comment

I know he said Parker but do you think they put Brezeale on the undercard as a potential opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        I know he said Parker but do you think they put Brezeale on the undercard as a potential opponent?
        Just go through the possible time line, it is not yet March and while Wilder might have been losing it is not like Washington really did much damage to him so he can come back on a fairly quick turn around if he so chooses.

I have seen a lot about Parker maybe that works out or it doesn't but if that is the plan Parker's team have said that fight in August or September, I saw something about Parker-Fury being pushed back to May so that would make September likely the earliest.

Wilder for his issues is a guy that generally likes to get in the ring, so if Parker is the plan he probably wouldn't look for someone like Ortiz who will likely end up as his mandatory and if he is going to fight him it will be after Parker when there is a bit more in it. After that it is a guys like Pulev, Ruiz, Breazeale and Martin who are in the WBC rankings. If he was going to fight someone on that list I would think Breazeale would be a strong possibility. Not overly threatening but a tough guy who has been showcased a lot and now a bit of drama between them not to mention American.

I really don't care if that fight goes down or not, and I would probably prefer Wilder just wait so I don't have to hear more about Wilder's level of opposition against a guy I don't really think much of but if he wants to get another fight in that is not really a bad thing.

Comment

Winner of joshua vs klitschko

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Just go through the possible time line, it is not yet March and while Wilder might have been losing it is not like Washington really did much damage to him so he can come back on a fairly quick turn around if he so chooses.

I have seen a lot about Parker maybe that works out or it doesn't but if that is the plan Parker's team have said that fight in August or September, I saw something about Parker-Fury being pushed back to May so that would make September likely the earliest.

Wilder for his issues is a guy that generally likes to get in the ring, so if Parker is the plan he probably wouldn't look for someone like Ortiz who will likely end up as his mandatory and if he is going to fight him it will be after Parker when there is a bit more in it. After that it is a guys like Pulev, Ruiz, Breazeale and Martin who are in the WBC rankings. If he was going to fight someone on that list I would think Breazeale would be a strong possibility. Not overly threatening but a tough guy who has been showcased a lot and now a bit of drama between them not to mention American.

I really don't care if that fight goes down or not, and I would probably prefer Wilder just wait so I don't have to hear more about Wilder's level of opposition against a guy I don't really think much of but if he wants to get another fight in that is not really a bad thing.
            After the recent article, I wouldn't be surprised if Breazeale is next even though he called out Parker. And just like you, I could care less about Wilder vs Breazeale. At least Parker has a belt and I rank him a tad bit above Breazeale as far as skills go.

Comment

After the recent article, I wouldn't be surprised if Breazeale is next even though he called out Parker. And just like you, I could care less about Wilder vs Breazeale. At least Parker has a belt and I rank him a tad bit above Breazeale as far as skills go.
              Yea Parker is obviously the bigger prize, I don't know if he is worth waiting around for unless it was a sure thing but I also don't know that Breazeale is really worth the risk of injury that could take away the Parker fight.

If he fights Breazeale in Late May and then Parker in Late September or Early October really no harm no foul. If he only gets Breazeale for whatever reason and his year ends up Washington, Breazeale, unless Fury or Ortiz in a third fight in the year it would be another lost year without a meangful opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Yea Parker is obviously the bigger prize, I don't know if he is worth waiting around for unless it was a sure thing but I also don't know that Breazeale is really worth the risk of injury that could take away the Parker fight.

If he fights Breazeale in Late May and then Parker in Late September or Early October really no harm no foul. If he only gets Breazeale for whatever reason and his year ends up Washington, Breazeale, unless Fury or Ortiz in a third fight in the year it would be another lost year without a meangful opponent.
                I know Parker was at the fight but has he expressed any interest of fighting Wilder? Like verbally.

Comment

I know Parker was at the fight but has he expressed any interest of fighting Wilder? Like verbally.
                  I would assume he wouldn't just travel to Alabama unless he was at least mildly interested, but I know his team said August or September at the earliest so a lot could happen between now and then.

Comment

If it isn't the winner of Fury/Parker, Klit/Joshua, or Ortiz...then it doesn't matter.

Comment

Stiverne rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X