Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Will Cotto-Canelo Rate Among The Best PR-Mexico Rivalry Fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Will Cotto-Canelo Rate Among The Best PR-Mexico Rivalry Fights?

How will it compare to these gems? Do you think they'll play it safe? Or do you think machismo will take over and we'll end up with another great Puerto Rico vs Mexico War?
    • Antonio Margarito vs Miguel Cotto I
    • Giovanni Segura vs Ivan Calderon I
    • Giovanni Segura vs Ivan Calderon II
    • Jose Luis Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario II
    • Julio Cesar Chavez vs Edwin Rosario
    • Orlando Salido vs Juanma Lopez I
    • Orlando Salido vs Juanma Lopez II
    • Salvador Sanchez vs Wilfredo Gomez
    Both will be cautious and we end up with Tito vs Oscar II
    10.00%
    Canelo will attack, Miguel boxes
    60.00%
    Cotto presses the action, Saul boxes
    10.00%
    Both will attack and we get MAB vs Morales I
    20.00%

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
    How will it compare to these gems? Do you think they'll play it safe? Or do you think machismo will take over and we'll end up with another great Puerto Rico vs Mexico War?
    • Antonio Margarito vs Miguel Cotto I
    • Giovanni Segura vs Ivan Calderon I
    • Giovanni Segura vs Ivan Calderon II
    • Jose Luis Ramirez vs Edwin Rosario II
    • Julio Cesar Chavez vs Edwin Rosario
    • Orlando Salido vs Juanma Lopez I
    • Orlando Salido vs Juanma Lopez II
    • Salvador Sanchez vs Wilfredo Gomez

You missed the biggest pr-mex fight ever.. Chavez-Camacho... That was a huge huge fight.. Ended up being one-sided, but it shattered TV records

Comment

No. Because it will be 6 dominant rounds by Canelo and then A TKO in round 7

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        You missed the biggest pr-mex fight ever.. Chavez-Camacho... That was a huge huge fight.. Ended up being one-sided, but it shattered TV records
        I'm talking about the most exciting fights. There were other big fights with lots of hype, that didn't live up to it on fight night, i.e., Oscar vs Tito. We all hope Cotto vs Canelo doesn't end up like that.

Comment

He will be top 5.

Mexicans usually always beat Puerto Ricans in high profile fights and I dont see it changing anytime soon. People are going to be saying cotto is shot and was a fraud cause of Martinez being handicap and degeale drained to death and point to the last real fight he had which was trout where he got dismantle by a average healthy fighter, but right now they are riding it like cotto is legit but come fight night it will be clear.

Comment

I'm talking about the most exciting fights. There were other big fights with lots of hype, that didn't live up to it on fight night, i.e., Oscar vs Tito. We all hope Cotto vs Canelo doesn't end up like that.
            Oscar won that fight BTW

Comment

I hope it is a Sanchez vs Gomez.

Best man winning

Comment

Oscar won that fight BTW
                Oscar won. For sure. Somos Chicanos!

Green k !!!

Comment

I think Miguel will be cautious, he has to at this age, and look for counterpunching opps. Canelo won't be able to let Cotto steal rounds with that swift jab so he'll have to go after Cotto and get aggressive, as he's known for. I think Canelo's combinations, especially the ones that start upstairs and then rip to the body, will be effective. Always target an older guy's body, esp one that is susceptible to being hurt there. I also think Cotto's jab is going to present a real problem for Alvarez. Very intriguing fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I think Miguel will be cautious, he has to at this age, and look for counterpunching opps. Canelo won't be able to let Cotto steal rounds with that swift jab so he'll have to go after Cotto and get aggressive, as he's known for. I think Canelo's combinations, especially the ones that start upstairs and then rip to the body, will be effective. Always target an older guy's body, esp one that is susceptible to being hurt there. I also think Cotto's jab is going to present a real problem for Alvarez. Very intriguing fight.
                    Good assessment, I think you're onto something. Cotto has been scary with that hook though, since he's been with Roach. But Canelo is so mature for his age, I think he's well aware of that danger.

Comment

Working...
                    X