No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: This is Golovkin's First Career Test Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Actually he was, but not to the same level as Lemieux.

Initially I would have rated both Murray and Geale over Lemieux, but not sure now.

TBH, I was surprised by the way that Golovkin folded Geale, until Cotto did the same..... Geale had a CW excuse with Cotto, but had no such excuse with Golovkin.
    Geale's huge mistake is when he throws his right hand he is always square and he takes a picture after throwing it...which is why he got countered several times by Cotto with the left hook and GGG is gonna eat up anyone who doesn't bring their guard back after they throw

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Has he really come a long way? Since losing to Rubio he's had soft touches. The plan was to keep him away from punchers. So the next fight he faces Alcine & loses. So now they've kept him away from punchers & boxers. The average KO% for his last 10 opponents is 43%. Has only faced tw men with a KO% over 50%. This so called Lemieux improvement is s fairytale just like Cotto's
      I consider Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam a very good win. The others are questionable but he got the wins and mostly by KO. Plus, the guy is always entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Geale's huge mistake is when he throws his right hand he is always square and he takes a picture after throwing it...which is why he got countered several times by Cotto with the left hook and GGG is gonna eat up anyone who doesn't bring their guard back after they throw
        Yea he does shot-watch, but he made no adjustments and seemed to fold rather meekly..... did people really think that Geale was going to be out of there in 3?

Comment

I think Oscar is more right than not about Lemieux. The mass public is underrating him a lot. I've had my eye on Lemieux for a while. I think this is clearly GGGs biggest test. Lemieux will have to take some punishment, but he has the weapons to fire with. No question, bigger than anything GGG has been tested with. I am pulling for Lemieux. He has boxing skills too.

He is arriving at this fight at the right time. He is reaching what should be his physical peak and has 36 fights under his belt. He hasn't been beaten up by anybody. His trainers stopped the Rubio fight. He could have continued. Maybe even pulled it out. He was ahead on the cards. His corner will have to be less protective of him in this one. I think he can beat GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post
            I think Oscar is more right than not about Lemieux. The mass public is underrating him a lot. I've had my eye on Lemieux for a while. I think this is clearly GGGs biggest test. Lemieux will have to take some punishment, but he has the weapons to fire with. No question, bigger than anything GGG has been tested with. I am pulling for Lemieux. He has boxing skills too.

He is arriving at this fight at the right time. He is reaching what should be his physical peak and has 36 fights under his belt. He hasn't been beaten up by anybody. His trainers stopped the Rubio fight. He could have continued. Maybe even pulled it out. He was ahead on the cards. His corner will have to be less protective of him in this one. I think he can beat GGG.
            Lemieuxs ability to stay in the fight will be determined by his durability.

So long as he can absorb the punishment, we will stay in the fight.

But still thinking about the way Geale folded in 3

Lemieux needs to jump on Golovkin and not let him settle in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              wasn't curtis stevens labeled as a puncher too?
              He was until GGG beat him. lol
              That's how it goes.

Comment

Let's not get fooled into thinking this is a test of any sort. Please, Murray was more of a test than Lemieux and that isn't saying much. Golovkin fans are so desperate to validate him that they are hyping Lemieux, hard. I ain't drinking that kool-aid.

Comment

GGG is making De la Hoya life miserable

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                  Proska was his first test. Then Macklin was his first test. Then Geale was his first test. Then Rubio was his first test. Then Murray was his first test. Now Lemieux is his first test.
                  No matter who GGG beats, they will suddenly be bums.

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Exactly. For half of the boxing world, Murray was the real MW world champion anyways for pete's sake. Then, when GGG absolutely smashes him, he's a bum.
                  Doesn't matter to the haters.

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  this is ggg real first test against a good name but skill wise nothing to get excited about because ggg needs to challenge ward
                  Cotto is a MW lineal champion. He has a belt that belongs to GGG. Although he is losing to Canelo, the Winner probably Vacates.

Get over this Ward thing, he is a LHW. Canelo is bigger than GGG, if anyone should be moving up to Ward it is him. Ward walks around at 180, fights at 185-190. He isn't a MW with MW belts.

GGG has ever right to try to unify his division. The coward Cotto has done all he can to stop that by not taking his mandatory.

But I get it, War Cotto is scared. As he should be.

Duck duck goose, Cotto reign as MW pretender (champion is over before it ever really started).

Don't play with MW if you don't want to fight MW.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  30+ fights and his first time facing a fellow reputed puncher
                  Why do people just make stuff up?

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  wasn't curtis stevens labeled as a puncher too?
                  Yes, he was a big puncher, but it didn't matter.

Originally posted by NEELZ View Post

Lemieux will be the newest tin can everyone says was never good anyways.

Lemeiux is tailor made for GGG. The more he comes forward with his far too wide power shots, the more shots he will eat.

GGG is far too skilled for him, Cotto or Canelo.

The latter two will be cowards and run back to 154.

Canelo drains 20 pounds to fight there, but gets credit. If GGG strictly did the same, he'd get none for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Let's not get fooled into thinking this is a test of any sort. Please, Murray was more of a test than Lemieux and that isn't saying much. Golovkin fans are so desperate to validate him that they are hyping Lemieux, hard. I ain't drinking that kool-aid.
                    who has Murray ever beat??

Comment

Didn't Cotto get the Green belt

by fighting the same quality opponent GGG is destroying. And didn't Cotto in his last fight fight the same guy GGG did?

So the new Cotto, well how much room does he have to talk. Living off old glory won't get you past the MW monster.

Comment

Working...
                      X