• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Wlad loses to almost all ATG HW's.

He wasn't impressive last night.
    I made an NSB thread earlier saying something along these lines

Remember when HW's used to FIGHT? Dempsey, Tyson, Frazier, Evander, Riddick ect ect!?
    Remember when they used to throw BODY punches!?

The HW Division is officially DEAD.

R.I.P HW Boxing

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

Remember when HW's used to FIGHT? Dempsey, Tyson, Frazier, Evander, Riddick ect ect!?

R.I.P HW Boxing
      Neither fighter worked the body at all last night. Both were so predictable it looked amateurish.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Neither fighter worked the body at all last night. Both were so predictable it looked amateurish.
        Haye CAN go to the body well too. Im just sick of HW's these days honestly.

I did feel happy for Wlad he's a cool guy very likeable (tho i was rooting for Haye) but as far as his boxing goes it turns me off.

Comment

I agree with what most are saying........
          Best of a terrible era...........

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post

R.I.P HW Boxing

seeing those punch number lines from wladimir without a single body punch was just lame

jab the guy in the chest for christ's sake
            pull a buddy mcgurt (keep jabbin his chest, arturo!)

Comment

Wlad fought the smart fight. He had nothing to prove against Haye, he was a joke. Wlad had no reason to take risks, and if Haye moved in on him Wlad would have likely knocked him out.

also, Wlad working on his body would be idiotic and leave him wide open to the faster Haye
              Last edited by RurouniYume; 07-03-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for both Klitschko brothers. They are intelligent, articulate (fluent in several languages), magnanimous and humble. It says a lot that even though I preferred a Haye victory (for purely patriotic reasons) last night out of the two fighters I have the most respect for Wlad. Haye conducted himself without a shred of honour throughout the lead-up whilst Wlad behaved impeccably. As he always does.

That said, I find it very difficult to believe Wlad or his brother are about to storm the ramparts and dethrone history's finest heavies.

They certainly wouldn't disgrace themselves in some kind of fantastical challenge. Wlad's style is awkward. But it's not impenetrable. I'd back any great fighter with a hurtful jab to give Wlad fits (Ali, Holmes & Liston). Lewis had sufficient size to nullify most of Wlad's advantages I don't think it would be long before he dropped him with his trademark uppercut (which Wlad is definitely vulnerable to). Prime Tyson would have too much movement. Foreman would undoubtedly connect early and I think we all know the conclusion to that episode. Ditto Marciano and Louis. Frazier would outwork Wlad. An easy points decision.

I'm a little uncertain about some of the early heavyweights (Johnson and company) mainly because of the size differential. But I doubt that guys like Johnson would be too concerned about facing the Wlad that all but unified the heavyweight division last night.

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
                  Wlad fought the smart fight. He had nothing to prove against Haye, he was a joke. Wlad had no reason to take risks, and if Haye moved in on him Wlad would have likely knocked him out.

also, Wlad working on his body would be idiotic and leave him wide open to the faster Haye

Wlad fights the same fight though every time. It works because most of the guys he fights are not very good. What happens when he fights a guy like Tyson or Frazier that will slip under his jab? What happens when he fights a fleet of foot Ali who unlike Haye will string several combinations together every round? What happens when he fight a pin point power puncher like Louis, who will step inside his jab and hit him with combinations of power punches upstairs and down? If he couldn't beak down a fighter like Haye I simply cannot see him doing it to many of the other great fighters his name is or soon to be amongst based on his dominance of a terrible era.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Wlad fights the same fight though every time. It works because most of the guys he fights are not very good. What happens when he fights a guy like Tyson or Frazier that will slip under his jab? What happens when he fights a fleet of foot Ali who unlike Haye will string several combinations together every round? What happens when he fight a pin point power puncher like Louis, who will step inside his jab and hit him with combinations of power punches upstairs and down? If he couldn't beak down a fighter like Haye I simply cannot see him doing it to many of the other great fighters his name is or soon to be amongst based on his dominance of a terrible era.
                    What happens to when he fights a guy like Norton who would block his jab and fire back with an uppercut or a jab?

Comment

Every time I watch Wlad I think about how easily Frazier, Bowe, Holyfield, Tyson, really any great that can get inside and fight inside would dominate Wlad doing just that. Wlad leaves his body wide open, all those fighters would pound away at it and leave Wlad gasping and broken down by the middle of the fight, at latest. It's a shame that no one has any ability to get inside and work the body in the heavyweight division.

Ali and Lennox would both be able to beat Wlad from outside with ring smarts and superior boxing skills. Foreman would crush his chin to dust.

Comment

Working...
                      X