Where do you stand on legal marijuana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    How Does Marijuana Impact Health?

Marijuana may not be deadly like other drugs, but it can impact physical and mental health. Health consequences of marijuana abuse include:

Chronic cough and frequent respiratory infections.
    Mental and cognitive issues, including problems with learning and memory, hallucinations, anxiety, panic attacks and psychosis, especially in youth.4
    A 2012 study indicated people who smoked marijuana before age 17 were 3.5 times more likely to attempt suicide than those who started smoking marijuana later in life.
    Those dependent on marijuana had a higher risk of experiencing major depression and suicidal thoughts and behaviors.5
    Subsequent research published in 2014 indicated daily adolescent users were 18 times more likely to become dependent on marijuana, seven times more likely to attempt suicide and eight times more likely to use other illegal drugs in the future.6
    my thing is this....we have but one brain and it cant really be fixed once its fncked. why willingly fnck it up

i almost feel sad for those who feel they can only have a livable life when theyre high. theyre really missing out.

Comment

Evidence suggest and drugs, in long term destroys the brain and causes violence, insanity and aggression that could possibly lead to murder.
      Let's be honest. You believe in a magical sky fairy. Your thoughts on anything couldn't be less relevant.

Ethical people who can actually face reality are needed to fix real problems. Not fools who believe in leprechauns and unicorns.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Holy sh** this point is really bad. You're comparing murder to smoking as if they are in the same planet in terms of how they ought to be treated.

To be clear, Murder >>>>>>>>>>>> Putting a little weed in my body in terms of what the government should be concerned about.

I believe even if the law was a deterrent to marijuana use (which it's not), I'd still not approve of it given how minor a thing it is. Again, other more dangerous drugs are legal and we never talk about making them illegal.

Back here in reality, the law doesn't even do what it presumably exists to do, which is make it more difficult to obtain weed and lower the number of people smoking weed.
        No, you said that Elroy is being a hypocrite for saying that he supports freedom but still wants limitations.

I used the murder example to explain there MUST be a set of limitations for society to thrive or it leads to degeneracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          Let's be honest. You believe in a magical sky fairy. Your thoughts on anything couldn't be less relevant.

Ethical people who can actually face reality are needed to fix real problems. Not fools who believe in leprechauns and unicorns.
          When you get destroyed in an argument, let's insult the person because you don't know what to answer.

Oh yeah, atheist have the highest suicide rates in the whole world.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Again, other more dangerous drugs are legal and we never talk about making them illegal.

Back here in reality, the law doesn't even do what it presumably exists to do, which is make it more difficult to obtain weed and lower the number of people smoking weed.

TLDR: We're spending an immense amount to criminalize a near inconsequential activity, and it hasn't even resulted in lowering how often it happens. Complete waste of our time.

please explain the b/u.......

by the time the weed gets to you, how many people do you think got murdered ?

and do you think legal level weed will be as good ?
            what if its not ?

and thanks for ducking my comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              ok....tell us how, in the fantasy world, ''legal drug users'' would behave in society. tell us how beneficial it would be.

lets be clear, doe. are we talking about ALL DRUGS or just the lame ones like marijuana and x ?!?!?

''but, but, alcohol . you stupid mfer !!!!! so much worse !!!!''

yes and no.

since booze and cigs are legal, more people par take. more people, more problems, bigger numbers.

they are also social vices. people gather and 9/10 have good times. hang over is usually the worst of it.

on their worst days, booze and cigs dont destroy entire neighborhoods, doe !

people dont live in fear of alchies or liquor store/bar owners. theres some benefit from booze (wine is good for you).

''but, but, if we remove the dealer, we remove the fear .''

im sure the legal version of the drug will be as good as the illegal versions . customers will be satisfied for sure.

really, doe ? the shlt will be lame. forcing people to amp it up or go to someone who knows how to....and guess what. were right back to where we started.

no good comes from hard drugs and no parent wishes it on any of their kids.

i cant see meth/crack/heroine/made up shlt ever being a social vices.
              I think you would benefit from doing some research, rather than just guessing how you thing things would likely turn out.

At the moment you are just making guesses, and they aren't educated guesses.

It isn't good enough to 'go with your gut' when it comes to serious issues of public health. It isn't good enough to make it up as you go along when people's lives are at stake.

Comment

who came out and actually (and seriously) said they believed in the b/u

Comment

When you get destroyed in an argument, let's insult the person because you don't know what to answer.

Oh yeah, atheist have the highest suicide rates in the whole world.
                  Destroyed?

Oh wow, you really are quite the delusional specimen, aren't you. I'm destroyed in the same way the bible is true.

Which means in no real sense, except in the minds of idiots.

Please, let better people than you have these conversations. Go back to playing with your dolls.

Comment

No, you said that Elroy is being a hypocrite for saying that he supports freedom but still wants limitations.

I used the murder example to explain there MUST be a set of limitations for society to thrive or it leads to degeneracy.
                    OK so we agree that murder should be illegal? Good to know.

Lol, yeah my point is he wants to put restrictions on how we behave for the sake of it. Putting restrictions on doing things like killing someone that so strongly negatively affects other people makes sense. This doesn't constitute restricting someone's freedoms imo.

Telling people how to live their life in ways that doesn't really affect other people is what I was pointing to as limiting freedom. Making it illegal to do something most users do casually at home w/o consequence on your life is both useless and fundamentally anti-freedom.

Comment

I think you would benefit from doing some research, rather than just guessing how you thing things would likely turn out.

At the moment you are just making guesses, and they aren't educated guesses.

It isn't good enough to 'go with your gut' when it comes to serious issues of public health. It isn't good enough to make it up as you go along when people's lives are at stake.
                      the pro druggies are going off guts, why cant i ?

and instead of answering, you just do the ''do research'' cop out ?!?!?!?

what does YOUR RESEARCH tell you ????

Comment

Working...
                      X