Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz: I Almost Had Wilder - If There Were a Few Seconds More!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
    That was the best heavyweight fight I have seen in a long time. Better than Joshua vs Klitschko in my opinion. Very exciting. Have a feeling Joshua vs wilder will be more of the same. Maybe Forman vs Lyle type fight.
    Oh so Wilders biggest fanboi hater is now acting like you haven't been talking sh 24/7 for yrs on here....

Comment

Anyone know what the official score cards were at the time of the stoppage?

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        Oh so Wilders biggest fanboi hater is now acting like you haven't been talking sh 24/7 for yrs on here....
        Have no reason to trash talk him now. He beat the second best heavyweight on the planet. When your fighting unranked bums and claiming to be the best your gonna hear it from me. Wake up

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
          Ortiz had 40 seconds to get Wilder out in that 7th round and could not. Wilder could have gotten him out in the 5th round if he had 40 seconds. Those are the facts. Wilder just got more heart and will than all these guys.
          You have a skewed definition of the word fact. It is a fact that Ortiz could not get Wilder out in the 7th round. It is not a fact that Wilder could’ve had Ortiz out in the 5th if he had 40 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by cali37 View Post
            You have a skewed definition of the word fact. It is a fact that Ortiz could not get Wilder out in the 7th round. It is not a fact that Wilder could’ve had Ortiz out in the 5th if he had 40 seconds.
            You are correct. I meant to say it is more likely Wilder would have gotten Ortiz out in the 5th round if he had 40 seconds - Wilder however had 0 seconds since the bell rang.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              I think that’s WILDer strategy, thrown fast punches in back of the head so they don’t look intentionally. What boxer protects the back of his head. It’s unfair. 4 or more punches in back of the head and nothing is said. This not fair boxing.
              I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
                Anyone know what the official score cards were at the time of the stoppage?
                Wilder was up by one round on all three score cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                  Wilder was up by one round on all three score cards.
                  Interesting had him behind by a couple rounds.

Comment

If Wilder had a few more seconds in the 5th Ortiz wouldn't have had that opportunity. I am a Ortiz fan now. He can box very well and he took the loss with class he refused make excuses even when prompted. All class.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
                      Easily explained. NYSAC rules. Corner gets a full minute to work on their guy, doctor has complete power to check on any fighter at any time for safety reasons. There’s a whole thread on it. Try to keep up.
                      And such great timing for Wilder. Definitely not there to be exploited I’m sure. Definitely not there to be abused and give a fighter an edge.

Right. Weird how the commentary team had an issue with it too though, given it’s such normal and legit practice. You’d think Paulie, a New Yorker, wouldn’t have had an issue with it either. But he did.

Comment

Working...
                      X