No announcement yet.

Yes, You Can Bury Broner But...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    ...He will always be the guy that won belts at 4 different weights.

Yes, it's looking pretty bad for him now.

Some bimbette works him on social media and THEN he misses a dope test.

But really, the skeezer may have helped in that she might have documented that Adrian was in no condition to meet any drug testers anywhere at the time- she has pics of him passed out in what has to be the wee hours of the morning in question.

I bet even money that Broner gets past the missed dope test.

The question is, can Broner get past Broner.

Let's do a perspective timeout for a second.

Everyone here acknowledges that Lomachenko is one of the best guys doing it out here today, right?

We may disagree at how great Loma is, but no one doubts he is a phenomenal talent, true?

Loma has 3 belts in 3 weightclasses and he did it in a timespan of a little less than 4 years.

Well, Broner did the same thing in a little over a year and a half, 3 titles in 3 different weights.

And Broner took a 4th belt in a different weight in the same timespan Loma took 3.

Time back in.

This is not to say Broner is as talented as Loma, but it is to point out that if we are judging solely by what has been accomplished IN THE RING, Broner is not only in the conversation but can be seen as having an edge in a few respects (another being quality of competition).

We need to remember this as much as we bring up his idiotic and self-destructive antics outside the ring.

Indeed, if you have wondered how he has remained relevant so long in spite of several seemingly career ending actions and experiences, now you can figure out why.

Broner can fight.

He may be lazy.

He may not use some or most of the talent God gave him.

He may even be a not very nice person in real life (or it may be part act and part illness and he may actually be a great guy under the sickness).

But, he can fight.

And, as long as that is still true, Broner will have a place in boxing.
    You think he makes the HOF?

Comment

So, what are you trying to start an "Appreciate AB" thread or what?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
        You think he makes the HOF?
        Right now?

No.

But, one or two more wins vs a credible opponent and he get serious consideration.

Or, if he can pick off a champ at 154-which I seriously doubt- he gets in.

Comment

You are making winning belts in different weight classes far more important than it really is. With 4 belts in each weight class and vacant titles popping up all the time winning belts is not that hard for a better than average fighter like Broner to do with the right connections and careful match making. It's not how many belts you won but who you beat and how you beat them that says how good a boxer you really are. Broner is good but nothing special. He can fight about as good as Jessie Vargas. He has been badly beaten by Maidana, a weight drained Porter, and a smaller Mikey. He should never be compared with a boxer as good as Loma. Broner is still fighting and getting well paid to fight. I don't like him as a person and I don't like his running, holding, clinching fighting style. I always hope for him to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
            Where did I commend him being in the sport?

I said as long as he can fight, boxing will find a place for him.

Russell is a good fighter. The question is how good? And was Russell that good then when he fought Loma? See, Russell has a similar problem to Loma.

He "looks" great, but the folks he is looking great against are not elite. They are either untested or past their best.

Martinez was washed. And he was coming off a draw with Salido- who was also washed. You been paying attention to how these guys looked in the ring, or nah?

Again, my point here isn't about how you perceive who is the better fighter pound for pound.

My point here is that even to this day, Broner's accomplishments in the ring are quite comparable to Loma's and may well exceed them.

Yet, we treat them quite differently and your posts prove that point.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              You are making winning belts in different weight classes far more important than it really is. With 4 belts in each weight class and vacant titles popping up all the time winning belts is not that hard for a better than average fighter like Broner to do with the right connections and careful match making. It's not how many belts you won but who you beat and how you beat them that says how good a boxer you really are. Broner is good but nothing special. He can fight about as good as Jessie Vargas. He has been badly beaten by Maidana, a weight drained Porter, and a smaller Mikey. He should never be compared with a boxer as good as Loma. Broner is still fighting and getting well paid to fight. I don't like him as a person and I don't like his running, holding, clinching fighting style. I always hope for him to lose.
              Yes, and Loma was beaten by a half-washed up Salido who is a worse quality opponent than anyone Broner has lost to.

That aint it.

And again, this isn't about who you or I think is better.

The point is, the accomplishments thus far are quite comparable and may actually favor Adrien.

I suspect a year or two we will be having a different conversation if Loma can live up to the rest of his hype.

But right now, my point is not refutable.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                So, what are you trying to start an "Appreciate AB" thread or what?
                No, not at all.

I am simply pointing out certain things.

We give props to Loma- and rightfully so- yet here is a guy that may deserve just as much or more praise...that is, if we are only talking about what has happened in the ring.

Outside of it?

Yeah, Broner needs some help big time.

Comment

I'd rather have a boxer go up in weight for a vacant title they stay in the same class for his whole career and win vacant and interim titles...

Comment

he will always be one of the modern greats and in the running for fighter of the decade

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      he will always be one of the modern greats and in the running for fighter of the decade
                      I can always count on you to put everything in its proper perspective!

LMAO!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X