Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistacally what can Adrein Broner do at this point?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate-keeper?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
      How can he get back relavent and back in the top p4p list? (Cant deny he still is pretty relavent and gets the people talking).
      He gets people talking because of his antics outside the ring not because of anything special he has done inside the ring. As far as him getting back to the top p4p list that's impossible. You can't get "back" to a place you never were. Broner was never even close to being on most top 10 pfp best lists. If he was on your pfp list then your list is unusual but it's your list and your right to put him as high as you want. I don't think he ever was a top 10 pfp on any lists like Ring, ESPN,Boxrec, Boxing Scene etc. To become relevant again he must clearly beat a top 5 world rated boxer and he keeps failing to do so.

Comment

back on the p4p list? he's already on it in my mind. dont be haters. this is the fighter of the decade

Comment

Mental Weakness that can't be repaired I don't think. The biggest challenge is the get him to let his hands go! He just doesn't listen it doesn't matter if it is Mike Stafford, Barry Hunter or Kevin Cunningham in his corner the problem is still him, HE DON'T LISTEN AT ALL!
          Last edited by sicko; 08-28-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I thought he won the round he absolutely had to win to keep his career afloat - I think it was the 9th-10th of the Vargas fight - and it looked like he might have even been able to really put it on Jesse at that point but then he fizzled out and fought an awful 12th and didn't do enough to secure the win even tho the fight looked to be swinging his way. Would have thought that was the point in which he could have turned his career back right but nah, didn't seem at all cognizant of the bigger picture

He's one of those guys who is always one win away from relevancy so it prob doesn't hurt too much, and I guess that is part of the problem. He doesn't really have to be urgent because he'll end up gettng socially promoted back into the mix again anyway
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 08-27-2018, 06:42 PM.

Comment

for all the cherrypicking floyd did he still actually fought these old over the hill guys. broner was offered pac and still wasnt confident enough to take him on. he has to wait until pacs 50 it seems

Comment

I agree with eco. He ain’t my favorite fighter but I see the talent he has and a great jaw. He needs to fight at a lighter weight. Hes too over muscled for his weight.
                Where he falls short is the “mental” game. He needs meds.

Comment

He should get his ass in a lower weight class. has a better chance beating top guys there than anything 140 and up

Comment

He needs to go to 140 but he can't make it.

Comment

The short answer is that he can't; should probably have stuck to fighting at 140lbs, but whenever he's in there against sheer ability or someone who doesn't back down to him, his spirit breaks.

Still, were he to have any possible chance, he's going to have to finesse his way back into the picture with some smoke/mirrors. Get back a win, and then go after the faded/fading names.

Victor Ortiz, Manny Pacquiao, Amir Khan.

No actual boxing people will credit him, but the casuals will see the 4-fight win streak, see the names, and start talking ****. At that point, he's going to have to catch Keith Thurman slipping on a banana peel or something (he's currently the least sharp of the top 147lb fighters)

Comment

Working...
                      X