No announcement yet.

Froch Vs Groves II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
    Froch is going to need to get Pascal in the training camp for this one..
    Pascal could mimic the right hands coming in as thats his best shot anyway..
    If not Kessler..

Either way he needs to tighten up his left hand lead, far far to open for Groves. If he's doesnt Groves will hit him all day again..

Froch has to come in beast mode for this fight lol..
    Thats a good synopsis!

I think Groves sparring needs to be fast paced over 15 rounds to be honest so he has a chance of lasting the distance.

Comment

Either Froch via stoppage or Groves by decision.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I've got Groves at this stage. Either by KO or points - the more likely being a close but clear points decision.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            I've got Groves at this stage. Either by KO or points - the more likely being a close but clear points decision.
            Laced you think if Froch connects perfect he has a chance to KO Groves?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              Laced you think if Froch connects perfect he has a chance to KO Groves?
              Well of course. But he needs a lot more than what he did last time - where he didn't land that many clean punches.

Froch is also not a one punch kind of fighter. So he'll need to hurt Groves to finish him. To hurt him, he'll need to eat a lot of those crisp jabs and right hands.

I just think the fight took too much out of him and he's already making the exact same mistakes he was making in the build up to the other fight which are:

1) Overlooking Groves (already has a fight planned for Chavez in november)
              2) Getting wound up by Groves
              3) Doesn't think Groves can take his shots, which he clearly did in the first fight

I hope I'm wrong, but Carl just can't start to work on the things he did wrong. He's way too old for that. His best bet is for Groves to get tired down the stretch and finish him.

Comment

froch seems relatively old and less 'up for it' somehow.. the impression i get is that groves wants this a lot more even though froch perhaps has more to lose

as already mentioned, it's hard to see froch being able to change his bad habits now. it feels like all the froch fans are banking on him being able to hold out 'til the later rounds and put the hurt on a tired groves but the jury is still out on george's chin - meaning that that may not even be an option

anyway, just really happy they decided to do the right thing and have a re-match - can't wait!

Comment

Going off how wrong I was about last time with how well Groves would do, I would rather not have a solid prediction for this one! I feel as though the outcome will be similar although how it will be reached will be different this time.

What I am trying to say is, maybe the fight plays out slightly different (Froch does better/worse or Groves does better/worse) but the outcome will be similar. Ref stops it in favour of Froch after another tough fight, with no controversy this time, but I've been wrong before.

Comment

Groves easy UD

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD
                      froch gave groves a break last time.
                      this time froch hurts him big time.
                      I'm not so sure, it's such an interesting fight for so many reasons but will answer one question in particular, is Groves better than what we all expected or did Froch take him lightly/age over night?

I have seen so many fighters, great ones especially, rust and crumble over the course of a single fight, it happened to Ali, it happened to Leonard, it happened to Oscar, it happened to Chavez Sr and it may well have happened to Froch.

If Froch did take Groves lightly the first time (something I've spoken to him about and he categorically denies), then maybe Groves is his bogeyman and maybe Froch is only a shadow of his former self.

Comment

Working...
                      X