No announcement yet.

Froch Vs Groves II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    Sorry it wasn't solely directed at you maybe i got a bit carried away!
    No problem mate! But did you see what just happened I must be honest I did want Froch to win and certainly did not want to see Groves banged out clean...As I held his ability much higher No disrespect to Groves but that's the difference between a man and a boy! Self control..

Peroid

there isn't any other reason why he lost, None at all, Groves style wins this fight if he use his ability to his advantage . This takes extreme discipline for him to achieve the win... " What is Froch key punch?? In my opinion it's Jab jab straight right! jab straight right !! Thats what I see.. Groves ability can easy overcome this if controlled .......that's what real world champions do, Bar Mayweather he just mugs us all off and fights lesser opponents and gets huge amounts of money for doing it, It's the Truth .. I believe that even though Froch won, he has shown Groves the key to being our next world champion....

The timing of his lost to Froch is spot on to where he is at in his career IMO Groves will return and make the British fans proud of him.. He will be our next number one in the UK. For the hardcore boxing Fans, you will know what I'm talking about..

Great win Froch, Groves chin up son
    Last edited by typeone; 05-31-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• I'm afraid Groves is simply one more in a long, long line of talented British fighters who've had their careers either ruined or permanently handicapped by choosing inferior trainers upon turning pro (Khan being another obvious example).

Adam Booth might be great at analysing bleep-test fitness data on a spreadsheet but watching his fighters it's patently obvious he knows very little about the skill of boxing. Even six months under his misguidance can create undesirable flaws which take years to unlearn.

Old time cornermen must weep seeing a kid like Groves (who is unquestionably talented) make one blunder after another tonight. Froch had telegraphed that punch for two rounds!

Comment

• Judging from my Facebook feed ( I have no friends who are in to boxing) Frochs next fight will be massive. The casuals are out in force it's mental!!!
        Maybe I like boxing as a niche ;-)

Comment

• @Mugwump.....a point well made, but I remain firmly convinced that Booth would have still run that crucial corner team far better and with the more telling, timely counselling (especially when Froch was starting to hunt down Groves) with a far greater degree of success than Fitzgerald.

Froch hired a friend who he wants to be the boss when it comes to training and fighting; George just employs a friendly guy who happens to be paid to be the boss. Fitzgerald is the problem....not Booth.

Comment

• Full credit to The Cobra he proved a lot of people wrong, myself included. What I was surprised at (and perhaps I shouldn't have been considering how he likes to look for the counter) was just how ineffective Groves was at creating his own opportunities to land telling shots.

Froch shored up his jab from the first fight and was able to use his distance enough that Groves found it far more difficult to land his right hand. I got the feeling during the fight that Groves felt crowded and unable to look for the counter left hook at the points where Carl was able to close the distance and apply pressure. There were ample opportunities to look to land that counter in those moments, particularly when Froch dropped his hands and went to the body.

Groves didn't look comfortable at all fighting at that range. That was the main thing that I thought he would take from the first fight, how to time his counter hook in close. As it was he looked for it at a point when he had no business throwing that shot. He paid in full.

There were elements of Froch's performance that I could look to pick apart, but I'm not going to do that, we all know what he does wrong, but we also know what he does right. As someone who doubted his ability to win this fight and was actively rooting for his opponent I want to give the man the full credit he deserves. He's made a career of consistently beating boxers who have superior technique and that makes the sport all the richer. A little like Marciano he's one of the sports great levellers, who break the rule of thumb that states you should go with the best boxer in determining a winner.

He's proven now, despite the aesthetics of it, that he's a far better boxer than myself and others have given him credit for. He's undoubtedly one of the best fighters these isles have ever produced, but I've felt that for a long while. Only once Grove's career has played out will we get a true perspective on these fights, but there's no doubting that he overcame adversity, made adjustments and learned from his mistakes, like true champions do.

I take my hat off to him. I'll never bet against him again. He's earned this fans faith.

Comment

Working...
            X