Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Examines The Flaws of Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parker is only 26, there is a lot of things he can work on and get back to where he can be.

Comment

His main flaw is that he doesn’t have a killer instinct and I don’t think you can teach that

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        Lewis is pretty good at assessing fighters IMO.

As for Parker...I think it's mental to be honest, he needs that real Maori Warrior spirit like the All Blacks have. I'd like him to develop a really nasty streak but I just don't think its in his personality.

He lost to Whyte because Whyte roughed him up and he could not look beyond being bullied and fouled, that is a real weakness in boxing at the highest level because it is rare that a referee will give you much in the way of help once a fight is underway etc.
        Parker isn't Maori and the All Blacks win because of technical skill and cheating more than anything mental. But I agree, Parker is too nice.

Comment

parker always has a layer of fat over his muscles. it makes me wonder how he trains and eats. some heavyweight today seem flabby

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            His biggest issue to me is trying fight as a back foot counterpuncher when he isn’t that tall and he’s got dwarf arms.

He looked better as a prospect when he was aggressive behind a short jab throwing combos.

He has been allowing himself to be outworked and outhustled
            Spot on. The only thing that's changed about Parker since he stepped up in class is that he's fighting more cautiously, and it isn't working for him.

He needs to re-think and remodel his style and approach, and Kevin Barry doesn't seem able to help him there. I think it's time for him to move on and find another trainer.

Comment

Kevin Barry is a boxing 101 guy always seemed to me, teach some basics to newcomers, he's not a trainer for contender level boxers, Lennox is spot on , it's on Barry to loosen the hold and let Joe train with a Freddie Roach and learn to use angles and fight as a short armed boxer.
              Barry's drive helped Parker and Tua get to contender level but he's too limited as a trainer to imbue the slickness and variety of skill they need.
              Parker doesn't know his own potential , he's no world beater, but he can do better. He does have some talent. While he's young he needs to be exposed to more than Kevin Plodder Barry .
              They both made their money, give him some rein now Barry, let a world class trainer teach him stuff, you can still wangle some financial attachment I've no doubt so no worries

Comment

If the best heavyweight ever lived throwing you tips grab it with both hands no one was as good as prime Lennox king of the best era of any weight in boxing 90s heavy weight scene was Sutton else and all the top 15 would ko these fools of today fury wilder and Joshua

Comment

Parker just doesn't have the power to be a top dog in this era, it's an absolute must unless you're a 6'9 guy like Fury with an 85" reach

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
                    If the best heavyweight ever lived throwing you tips grab it with both hands no one was as good as prime Lennox king of the best era of any weight in boxing 90s heavy weight scene was Sutton else and all the top 15 would ko these fools of today fury wilder and Joshua
                    If Wilder got knocked out by McCall and Rahman people would laugh at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      If Wilder got knocked out by McCall and Rahman people would laugh at him.
                      They both would of demolished little skinny wilder this era is a joke look at Tyson fury that big dope is in the big three of today compared to lewis holyfeild and mike tyson they were warriors all time greats not even worthy comparisons

Comment

Working...
                      X