Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption 2

Round up your posse boys...

For single player, speculation is that it's going to be a prequel, since John Marston died at the end of Redemption and to bring him back would mean to go back to when Martson was part of part of Dutch's Gang. This would work perfect if they want to do character switching like GTA5, they could make it so you switch between Marston, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde. It's not necessary to have three main characters like GTA5, but Rockstar said they really liked how that turned out and I think would work well in this game too if they go back to when Martson was in a posse.

I wonder what they can do with online to really make it crackin. Really they just need to add RPG-style customisation and online money and the rest will fall in place. Like obviously just plain old shootouts, train heists, hunting with ur friends, stuff like that will be cool, but I wonder what else they can add. I remember lassoing was hella fun in Red Dead Redemption, not just people but they made it fun as hell lassoing cattle and other animals. I could see some kind of farming economics in the game, like grinding out cattle missions for money, **** like that would work. Im sure they learned a ton from GTA5 and I know single player is where the last game shined the most, but I can't stop from thinking on how they can/will make Red Dead Online a dope experience. Regardless of online, I'm ready:

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      For single player, speculation...they could make it so you switch between Marston, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde.

Comment

Im mad i have to wait a year.

Comment

Looks beautiful!

Comment

Bad ass!

It's a shame the man that voiced Landon Ricketts (Ross Hagen) passed away, but then again if this game indeed takes place during the Posse days they can find a younger-sounding voice actor for Ricketts. It would be nice. The trailer is beautiful.

Comment

For single player, speculation is that it's going to be a prequel, since John Marston died at the end of Redemption and to bring him back would mean to go back to when Martson was part of part of Dutch's Gang. This would work perfect if they want to do character switching like GTA5, they could make it so you switch between Marston, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde. It's not necessary to have three main characters like GTA5, but Rockstar said they really liked how that turned out and I think would work well in this game too if they go back to when Martson was in a posse.

I wonder what they can do with online to really make it crackin. Really they just need to add RPG-style customisation and online money and the rest will fall in place. Like obviously just plain old shootouts, train heists, hunting with ur friends, stuff like that will be cool, but I wonder what else they can add. I remember lassoing was hella fun in Red Dead Redemption, not just people but they made it fun as hell lassoing cattle and other animals. I could see some kind of farming economics in the game, like grinding out cattle missions for money, **** like that would work. Im sure they learned a ton from GTA5 and I know single player is where the last game shined the most, but I can't stop from thinking on how they can/will make Red Dead Online a dope experience. Regardless of online, I'm ready:

Yea, I got into the first one really late, and didn't play the last 3 GTA's because I got bored with the genre, but man, I loved the western twist and I agree about online multiplayer, I want to see what they do that's fun and competitive.

What I also really want to see is a badass western FPS something with an engine like Battlefield or Halo.

Comment

Suuuuuper excited for this one. I only bought a 360 because I played the original Red Dead at a friend's house. The only reason I'm buying an Xbox One is because they announced this sequel.
                This can't come quick enough...

Since I'm buying an Xbox for this, I figured I'd get the Xbox for my wife this Christmas. Can anyone recommend some games? I bought Fallout 4 because it looked interesting (won't know until Christmas). On 360 she likes Left 4 Dead, Army of 2, Red Dead, Batman, Borderlands.
                Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Suuuuuper excited for this one. I only bought a 360 because I played the original Red Dead at a friend's house. The only reason I'm buying an Xbox One is because they announced this sequel.
                  This can't come quick enough...

Since I'm buying an Xbox for this, I figured I'd get the Xbox for my wife this Christmas. Can anyone recommend some games? I bought Fallout 4 because it looked interesting (won't know until Christmas). On 360 she likes Left 4 Dead, Army of 2, Red Dead, Batman, Borderlands.
                  Thx.
                  Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War (Ultimate edition and/or 4) other than that i'm not sure. My favourite single player focused games are on Playstation (Uncharted and The Last of us)....oh you can also get Witcher 3...that is PHENOMENAL. It's probably the second best single player game I have ever played. The Last of Us being #1.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War (Ultimate edition and/or 4) other than that i'm not sure. My favourite single player focused games are on Playstation (Uncharted and The Last of us)....oh you can also get Witcher 3...that is PHENOMENAL. It's probably the second best single player game I have ever played. The Last of Us being #1.
                    Awesome, thx. We love couch co-op so yesterday I bought her the Xbox that's bundled with Gears Ultimate (got it for $200 new!) so I'm glad to see you recommend that game.
                    The original gears was something I used to play with our best friend before he died tragically a couple years back so it'll have some nostalgia value for us.

I think she played a demo of Witcher 3 and loved it so that's a good reminder.
                    Thx.

Comment

Working...
                    X