Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Martirosyan Finalized For May 5 on HBO, StubHub

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Sigh, this gets tiring. Here's a link to the current table of champions: http://boxrec.com/en/champions

Outside of Rungvisai who should get a gold star, find me a couple of guys who have taken on more difficult opposition than Golovkin in the last 2 fights.

Save your outrage for Max Bursaks, Jamie Munguia, Rupert Murdoch and Alexander Brands of the world.
    hes a top 5 pfp fighters, thats what theyre supposed to do, not fight a guy in a lower weight class who hasnt fought in 2 years

Comment

• Oh YIPPIE! For the last three years, I have been hoping that there could be some way that GGG would fight Vanes. This is a sure-fire FOTY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You said GGG would need more time to train if he was to fight Derevyanchenko. But he's been training longer than Derevyanchenko and would have the advantage. So why don't you want to see him fight a tougher fight than Vanes who has no business in that ring with him? How can you not have a problem with him fighting Vanes who is coming off a loss and isn't a middleweight? Derevyanchenko was ready to take the fight on the notice as Vanes. And why do you think it's unfair for GGG to fight a tough fighter on short notice but not unfair to Vanes to fight a tough fighter on short notice?

Don't put words in my mouth. I specifically said that "both" guys Derevyanchenko and Triple G should have the opportunity of a full camp for a fight of that significance. I didn't say it was good for one or not the other. It's a "significant" fight. Vanes is not a "significant" fight.

And I didn't say that Triple G should not be in a tough fight. I said I understand the situation that he was supposed to fight Canelo and that I don't knock him for fighting a guy like Vanes or O'Sullivan due to the situation.

He fought Jacobs and Canelo and I expect him to be in another tough fight in the fall. I won't knock him for getting a replacement opponent for a fight that he was supposed to fight against Canelo.

I did have a big problem when they tried to fight Jamie Munguia who is only 21, just barely moved to 154 only 11 months ago. And then was expected to fight Triple G? That I did not agree with at all. And I'm glad they rejected that fight as well they should.

Vanes is a fill in. I already explained he's a throw away fight, a substitute. A body to save face and keep the May 5th fight on schedule. Why doesn't the substitute teacher get enough preparation to deal with the students? Because it's a substitute, short notice. He's a substitute, I like Vanes, but it is what it is. It's the nature of the beast. I'm not going to keep saying the same thing over and over again.

I wonder if you were okay with the Khan, Liam Smith and Chavez Jr. fights.

Guys like O'sullivan and Vanes I don't mind that much. They are veterans who have been in against names in or around their division. Do I like the fight and am I excited about it? No. But I understand the situation is all I'm saying and I won't knock him for it as long as his next fight is against top competition.

This is not hard to understand really.
        Last edited by True That; 04-18-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• @3:50

he won the fight but,
          vanes has no chance vs ggg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            I would ban any fan that likes this fight. So ban yourself you dumb FUK!!! Worst mismatch EVER!!!
            Straight trolling Shadow. Danny Garcia vs. Rob Salka was the worst mismatch ever. You can put Gatti vs. Gamache up there also.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              is this THEE progressive jedi?

am I reading this right?
              I know!!! I did a double take as well.

Comment

• After fighting Jacobs and Canelo back to back, people should not be *****ing about a stay busy fight.

For having 3 weeks notice and no HBO money, it's not bad. I wish O'Sullivan hadn't pulled, but he isn't ranked by the IBF, so GGG would have had that problem either way.

Camps are expensive and exhausting, you can't just reschedule to June and face a better guy.

Am I really excited about the fight? Of course not, but it's not nearly as bad as some people make it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Sigh, this gets tiring. Here's a link to the current table of champions: http://boxrec.com/en/champions

Outside of Rungvisai who should get a gold star, find me a couple of guys who have taken on more difficult opposition than Golovkin in the last 2 fights.

Save your outrage for Max Bursaks, Jamie Munguia, Rupert Murdoch and Alexander Brands of the world.

they dont even list stevenson as the wbc champ and they dont even list AJ as the wba champ

good ol' boxrec

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    I know!!! I did a double take as well.
                    im about to quote him just for the heck of it cuz if it is him wow

we all owe him mad props for being one of the few ggg fans keeping it real

bigdunn IMDAZED Beercules

tag whoever this is a revelation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      They claim they cannot take a tough fight on short notice, but Vanes is jumping a division, to fight the number one p4p fighter, on a few weeks notice. Yet GGG can’t be asked to fight a top contender at 160 on the same notice.
                      all hail progressive jedi (if its him names a bit off )

Comment

Working...
                      X