No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em 2018 Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    It don't really matter. The way people have written their picks is the reverse of the order in which they occurred, but in practical terms it makes no difference whatsoever except to the streaks where I've just continued the system I used for the double picks.

I've been looking at the fights for this weekend and there is literally nothing worth bothering with (less we fancy quickly whipping one up for Vargas vs Salka tonight ha ha). The only outside possibilities are the two title fights from Japan on Sunday and some moderately high rated women's match-ups... though I'm finding it hard to imagine much player interest in either.

Sunday 15, April 2018

Arena, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
    promoter Teiken Promotions - Akihiko Honda
    Daigo Higa 15 0 0 vs Cristofer Rosales 26 3 0

World Boxing Council World Flyweight Title

Ryota Murata 13 1 0 vs Emanuele Felice Blandamura 27 2 0

World Boxing Association World Middleweight Title

EDIT: IDK though. Higa is #2 at Flyweight per the TBRB and Rosales at #10. In a heavier class if it were on US TV we wouldn't think twice about throwing up a Pick 'em for a fight of this calibre. Unconventional sure, but maybe the right thing to do?
    Odds are very wide for Salka-Vargas and the time is too short to put up a thread.

You know me already though once the odds are close and their past fights are available for us to rewatch I am down but the others players aren't for that. So this weekend will be a dead one.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Odds are very wide for Salka-Vargas and the time is too short to put up a thread.

You know me already though once the odds are close and their past fights are available for us to rewatch I am down but the others players aren't for that. So this weekend will be a dead one.
      at Salka - Vargas. And yeah, it has to be a dead one this weekend, unfortunately. It feels wrong that significant fights should be ignored because they're from the wrong part of the world or in the wrong weightclass, but it is what it is, I know only a tiny minority of the players will have any interest at all.

Anyways. This is what they're gonna be missing apparently.

Higa is a very wide favourite here though - not quite Vargas -Salka wide, but you'd still get 11/2 on Rosales.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 04-12-2018, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        at Salka - Vargas. And yeah, it has to be a dead one this weekend, unfortunately. It feels wrong that significant fights should be ignored because they're from the wrong part of the world or in the wrong weightclass, but it is what it is, I know only a tiny minority of the players will have any interest at all.

Anyways. This is what they're gonna be missing apparently.

Higa is a very wide favourite here though - not quite Vargas -Salka wide, but you'd still get 11/2 on Rosales.
        If you wanna throw up and poll and see what they say, do it because we call ourselves boxing fans.

Comment

If you wanna throw up and poll and see what they say, do it because we call ourselves boxing fans.
          Ha, you know what? I might just do that. We've got about 60 or so active players. If I can get 20 votes (and not too many negative comments) I reckon go for it. I very much doubt it happens but I'd feel better knowing that I tried.

Comment

• Don't add a pick em this week PLEASE

Man's busy with family gotta go away for the weekend and will have absolutely no internet

Comment

• Originally posted by *TonyMontana* View Post
              Don't add a pick em this week PLEASE

Man's busy with family gotta go away for the weekend and will have absolutely no internet
              Remember to vote in Koba's poll then.

Comment

You lost hard last weekend.
                Yeah man
                I watched traux-degale a few times and saw no way how degale would be better....I was wrong
                J-rock I still don't like but fair play to him...proved me wrong but still if a fighter comes out flexing boxes of cereal then I'm guna back him haha
                And Lara-Hurd was a tough pick for anybody

All fun though

Comment

Yeah man
                  I watched traux-degale a few times and saw no way how degale would be better....I was wrong
                  J-rock I still don't like but fair play to him...proved me wrong but still if a fighter comes out flexing boxes of cereal then I'm guna back him haha
                  And Lara-Hurd was a tough pick for anybody

All fun though
                  You know it.

Enjoy the vacation with the family.

Comment

Don't add a pick em this week PLEASE

You voted yet, man? I'm afraid I didn't include an option for 'I'm a half-assed casual who's gonna let DramaShow stomp all over me just so I can be a decent parent'.

Enjoy the family time, man.

Comment

• are you sure this is being added up right? i got the highest amount of points with that triple yet i think ive gone down the actual leaderboard?
                      Last edited by Prince Madison; 04-13-2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X