Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough beating around the bush - as an AJ fan I do NOT want to see Wilder next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder only has 2 years of total experience on him, he started boxing in late 2005, AJ in 2007. Wilder isn't as experienced as you think and will continue to improve.

Comment

I bet you don't want to see that beating that AJ will receive lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Wlad even at that age, is ten times better than anyone wilder has beat
        So. He was old and Joshua beat the old guy. So why won't he sign to fight Wilder? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Wilder only has 2 years of total experience on him, he started boxing in late 2005, AJ in 2007. Wilder isn't as experienced as you think and will continue to improve.
          First off two years is two years. The fact that both guys are late starters, actually puts more emphasis on those two years not less.

Secondly - professional experience is key here, and there is a huge gulf in that department in terms of fights and more importantly training camps, which again are even more important for late starters.

Wilder may continue to improve, but you would think at age 32, 9 years pro, he is very much at his peak right now, whereas AJ with only 20 pro fights and a short amateur career, is probably not.

Comment

I respect your honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              First off two years is two years. The fact that both guys are late starters, actually puts more emphasis on those two years not less.

Secondly - professional experience is key here, and there is a huge gulf in that department in terms of fights and more importantly training camps, which again are even more important for late starters.

Wilder may continue to improve, but you would think at age 32, 9 years pro, he is very much at his peak right now, whereas AJ with only 20 pro fights and a short amateur career, is probably not.
              The amateur program is where you learn all your fundamentals, you're given protective head gear and introduced to all sorts of styles to learn from. Joshua had 5 years of that, Wilder just 2.

Joshua has also had more time to dedicate to boxing in general, he was still living with his parents in the London suburbs, I'm not even sure he's held an actual job before. Wilder was working 2 jobs as a 19 year old trying to support his daughter. The two men come from very different backgrounds.

Wilder is getting up there in age, but has taken very little punishment, his skills, body, it all looks more polished than ever and will continue to improve. Whether the fight is right now or 2 years from now, the result will be the same.

Comment

i posted something similar in another thread. AJ is still improving and with only 20 pro fights under his belt, it would be a shame to see him ruined vargas style. that said, i still would rather see them fight each other next over any other opponent.

Comment

Working...
                X