No announcement yet.

Win or lose - Give me a PAC fight anytime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
    You are watching Cy Young not Babe Ruth. How in the world have people not realized this yet? what f'n idiot tunes into to see Floyd fighting expecting to see a war?
    You don't get it nor do some of the Floyd fans. Using your example, it's like Cy Young pitching against guys who just came up to the pros or are ready to retire or can't handle Cy Young's pitches. We know the conclusion to most of those battles so they in turn become a snooze fest.

Now if we had a battle of Cy Young and let's say Barry Bonds or Ted Williams then we will NOT know the outcome and it becomes much more interesting and exciting .....

As for boxing examples, there are plenty of them.
    Last edited by ADP02; 09-15-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I think Schaefer will have a hard time selling Floyd's next fight. He'll definitely have to spend gargantuan amounts of money to convince casuals. Who would want to see another sure win for Floyd vs CW underdog via boring decision?
      Last edited by maguirre; 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah. How long have you guys been saying that? Who cares? Im a still watch Floyd, Pac, Rios, RGuerrero ect. Im a fan with no emotional tie (ladylike btw) to any boxer. So I'm a still enjoy all different styles of fighting.

Comment

you almost ALWAYS get your moneys worth with pac fights...he takes chances and goes for the KOs and that deserves respect...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Pacquaio needs to get himself back into position before even being discussed.

If there is one thing Mayweather does, it's fight a guy when they're coming off good wins.
            On paper, that is true. But, c'mon, just look at who these "world champions" are, Victor Ortiz, Canelo Alvarez, Robert Guerrero(lmao) in about 5 years time, maybe even sooner than that, the hardcore fans won't even remember who these guys are.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              you almost ALWAYS get your moneys worth with pac fights...he takes chances and goes for the KOs and that deserves respect...
              Great point. I think alot of the PBF cojone huggers are missing the boat when the PBF critics scrutinize his fights.

When I say PBF is boring, I'm not asking for PBF to get his head bashed, get bloodied or get into a brawl. There's a difference between displaying the sweet science and simply just trying to play it safe, it's two different things.

Here's an analogy, there's a difference between showing great wrestling, compared to lay n' pray.

What's wrong with trying to finish a guy when you clearly have him under control, of course there's always a threat. But, if there's no risk, there's no excitement. PBF is the one who loves to call boxing, sports entertainment.

Then entertain us, don't bore us!
              Last edited by King of Sting; 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Pacman is a true warrior win or lose and has major accomplishments in his career

Comment

Yea i remember watching Pacquiao Marquez 4 at a bar in the crowd was going crazy. Once that KO hit everybody was like "what a f***** fight!"
                  The Mayweather fight or fights the crowd is hyped before the bell but after they tend to chatter more, die out then look for shots n beer.
                  People shouldknow by now thats Mayweathers stylemuch likeRigo, they aint going for the kill, they going for the win
                  And thats also Pacs downfall going for the kill, roll the dice

Comment

Working...
                  X