No announcement yet.

Rare Harry Wills footage (Wills vs Madden) - [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Harry Wills footage (Wills vs Madden) - [VIDEO]

I got some more (very) rare Harry Wills footage - 3 minutes which consist of short training footage of Wills and then a round of the Harry Wills - Bartley Madden fight from 1924:

I guess nobody cares about footage of him. On the other big site everybody was going crazy when I posted this clip.
    Last edited by Salardo; 07-30-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      I guess nobody cares about footage of him. On the other big site everybody was going crazy when I posted this clip.
      I watched it but I'm not impressed with Wills and never have been. I wish Dempsey had fought him to shut people up about how he ducked Wills. Dempsey would have crushed him.

Comment

Originally posted by C-ORTIZ View Post
        I watched it but I'm not impressed with Wills and never have been. I wish Dempsey had fought him to shut people up about how he ducked Wills. Dempsey would have crushed him.
        I liked the training video. It's good to see how they trained. Many of the "modern" cross-training techniques have come back to what was considered normal 100 years ago.

Re Wills v Dempsey (and this fight) remember you're seeing a 35/36 year old Wills against an out classed opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
          I was working at 3 this afternoon. ;-)

Comment

Are you also the owner of the Wills/firpo and the Mickey Walker footage floating about now?

Comment

Originally posted by 8thSamurai View Post
              Are you also the owner of the Wills/firpo and the Mickey Walker footage floating about now?
              I posted it on east_side, and I posted the Wills/Firpo clip here on bscene a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by C-ORTIZ View Post
                Yeah maybe. But the fact is he did duck both him and greb.

Comment

thank you for the footage !!

Comment

Working...
                  X