Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Kim " Anytime An Al Haymon Fighter Loses, It's Good for Business" (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
    With that said, we still have had great fights from them losing:

Berto vs Ortiz
    Jacobs vs Pirog - this wasn't a great fight this was one guy clearly not ready for primetime being shown the door by an unknown
    Willliams vs Martinez (Twice)- first fight yes 2nd fight wasn't great it was an ass kicking one punch KO
    Bika vs Ward- how was this great

and winning:

Mayweather vs Mosley- this wasn't a great fight either
    read the bolded above

Same can't be said for Top Rank and co, who rather their fighters not face decent opposition..
    wait what?

Rios- Peterson and Acosta
    Donaire- Montiel
    Soto- Antillon
    JuanMa- Salido
    Segura- Calderon twice
    Mike Jones- Soto Karass twice

even lower level guys like Wolak (Foreman) and Raul Martinez (great fight with Rodrigo Guerrero) have faced decent comp

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
      Steve Kim was the same dude that was feed about the Spadafora rumor. No?
      Yes he was. And nobody is going to call him out on the **** neither. Whatever dude say seems as it the truth. Matter fact he was very sure that the spas fight was going to come off.

Comment

i dont get the bias against haymon. he does exactly the same thing arum, gbp does. difference is he doesnt broadcast himself or his achievements in the media. the truth is, they just dont like the guy....along with alot of other ppl on sites like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          read the bolded above

wait what?

Donaire- Montiel
          Soto- Antillon
          JuanMa- Salido
          Segura- Calderon twice

even lower level guys like Wolak (Foreman) and Raul Martinez (great fight with Rodrigo Guerrero) have faced decent comp
          Pretty weak examples there.
          Most of those examples have one thing in common. Same damn promotional stable. Using those TR in house match-ups does nothing to justify the Haymon hate.

I think this shyt goes deeper than the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
            Pretty weak examples there.
            Most of those examples have one thing in common. Same damn promotional stable. Using those TR in house match-ups does nothing to justify the Haymon hate.

I think this shyt goes deeper than the manager.
            what should it matter who is the promoter of record as long as the match ups were made and were against decent opposition which seemed to be the two requirement he listed or was I incorrect about what he stated?

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              i dont get the bias against haymon. he does exactly the same thing arum, gbp does. difference is he doesnt broadcast himself or his achievements in the media. the truth is, they just dont like the guy....along with alot of other ppl on sites like these.
              well not exactly

I think the scale at which some of Haymon's fighters play on vs some of the others is glaring with the most glaring being

Andre Berto- made his HBO debut against Norberto Bravo. Now to his defense he was supposed to face Ben Tackie but this fight against Bravo should have been taken off the programming all together. Fights two ESPN fights then goes on a 10 fight run where he was either on HBO or HBO PPV against the likes of Michael Trabant, Mickey Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez

now there are examples of other promoters doing the same practice (Arum IMO with Pavlik and Shaw with Angulo being the most glaring for each) but the above is extreme

and to boot they are going to debut Rico Ramos on HBO opening up the July date of PWill. Ramos is a decent enough kid but he has done nothing to deserve a slot other than he is aligned with Haymon

Comment

Nothing really wrong with what he said if you just take the statement at face value and disregard who said it or his bias.

Because it is good business for Boxing as a whole.

Beating an Al Haymon fighter means a boxer has defeated someone who was highly touted (justifiably or not) and transforms the winning boxer into a star or on the way to becoming one.

Obviously, more names and stars are always good for boxing and great for us fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  well not exactly

I think the scale at which some of Haymon's fighters play on vs some of the others is glaring with the most glaring being

Andre Berto- made his HBO debut against Norberto Bravo. Now to his defense he was supposed to face Ben Tackie but this fight against Bravo should have been taken off the programming all together. Fights two ESPN fights then goes on a 10 fight run where he was either on HBO or HBO PPV against the likes of Michael Trabant, Mickey Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez

now there are examples of other promoters doing the same practice (Arum IMO with Pavlik and Shaw with Angulo being the most glaring for each) but the above is extreme

and to boot they are going to debut Rico Ramos on HBO opening up the July date of PWill. Ramos is a decent enough kid but he has done nothing to deserve a slot other than he is aligned with Haymon
                  berto is an extreme example even among haymon fighters tho. that had as much to do with haymon's power as it did with hbo's desire to fight the next exciting black fighter. take berto out of the equation and who can u complain about?? mayweather?? yea rite. pwill?? he fighter anyone and everyone. arreloa? say what u want about him, he aint a good fighter imo but he was a bit exciting during his run and at a weak heavyweight he was def a contender. i just dont see any difference.

and the rick ramos thing isnt that bad, really. we'll see what he does. same thing as broner. ppl dont like broner, but the kid is a world class talent, i think. is e exciting??? no.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    berto is an extreme example even among haymon fighters tho. that had as much to do with haymon's power as it did with hbo's desire to fight the next exciting black fighter. take berto out of the equation and who can u complain about??
                    well

Arreola and Taylor

are two more.
                    mayweather?? yea rite. pwill?? he fighter anyone and everyone.
                    I never mentioned them now now

arreloa? say what u want about him, he aint a good fighter imo but he was a bit exciting during his run and at a weak heavyweight he was def a contender. i just dont see any difference.
                    but his run to a title and subsequent fights were on HBO when they really shouldn't have been. Brian Minto?

and the rick ramos thing isnt that bad, really. we'll see what he does.
                    yes it because if we are still saying "let's see what the kid has got" then he is seemingly an unproven fighter getting a coveted HBO date because of his associations. I mean did you think the Valdez fight warranted him being moved to HBO next?

same thing as broner. ppl dont like broner, but the kid is a world class talent, i think. is e exciting??? no.
                    no he is not cmon now you're a good poster you should know better

Broner had his shot, looked like a fool, almost lost to an undersized warrior, and acted like he just beat Manny

now he gets yet another HBO slot without really deserving it

and for people who say Berto is an extreme couldn't we counter that if you say that then PWill is the exact opposition and the pro Haymon supporters using him shouldn't?

Mayweather I don't consider into the equation because he is on a different plane than everyone else short of Manny

Comment

I don't think it's bad that Ramos is getting a date on HBO if they don't pay him that much. He is clearly worthy of a title shot. Nothing like trying to establish some young talent.
                      Donaire- Montiel
                      Soto- Antillon
                      JuanMa- Salido
                      Segura- Calderon twice

Wasn't really my debate before, but the beef with Arum is not that he is matching his fighters with bums, but he's not putting them in the best fights possible. Look at Lopez against Salido. Everyone was saying they should match him with Gamboa already and Arum killed that super fight.

He has placed Soto on countless undercards instead of facing him with Brandon Rios. Rios has taken on solid competition, but Soto's competition at 135 has been pretty terrible outside a great fight versus Antillion.

Before Montiel, Donaire was getting the same criticism for not stepping up either.

Comment

Working...
                      X