No announcement yet.

Clarification (Godfrey-Hawk)...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey IceMan, congrats on the win.

Can I ask you how you see Taylor and Abraham going?

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
      So that I understand you correctly....

The Chris Byrd that fought Mike Sullivan at 171 lbs on 5/15/93 was not as good of a fighter as the Matt Godfrey that fought Shawn Hawk the other night?

The same Chris Byrd who entered the pro ranks after winning a silver medal in Barcelona.
      WELL, put it this way, if that Chris Byrd was around now and he was offered a fight with Matt Godfrey today, right now, his management would say NO. Guaranteed. That's factual. Add ten more fights and 15 pounds and sure they would take it...but him comparing to Matt as a professional fighter on the date you mentioned...no...way...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
        Hey IceMan, congrats on the win.

Can I ask you how you see Taylor and Abraham going?
        I think that is a TOUGH assignment for his first back after the TKO loss to Froch... gotta go with Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          I think that is a TOUGH assignment for his first back after the TKO loss to Froch... gotta go with Arthur
          Damn... I was hoping you wouldn't say that, haha. Alright thanks, Ice!

Comment

Il pay more attention to this guy when he starts letting his hands go.

Comment

Little off your original subject, but I saw you guys debating Byrd. So on the subject of Byrd, is there anything you see Eddie Chambers being better at that Byrd? If so will it be enough to even make a fight between him and Wlad in anyway suspenseful?

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                Il pay more attention to this guy when he starts letting his hands go.
                Fair enough, man, FAIR ENOUGH

Comment

I can see Godfrey remaining in the mix at the top of the WBC rankings.

I think a Herbie Hide fight would be good or a rematch with Kraj or even a crack at the champs if possible( the polish guy and the italian guy)

Or domestically maybe a BJ Flores fight would be awesome as well.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    Damn... I was hoping you wouldn't say that, haha. Alright thanks, Ice!
                    Sorry, StarJ lol...You can at least take comfort in the fact that over the last five years I have usually been wrong with my pre-fight picks...I did pick Pavlick over Jermain in their first fight...I had a couple other good ones, too...but the overall pct. is not too high LOL

Comment

Congrats on the fight. The W is the most important thing.

One thing about Shaun George, I read that he injured his right shoulder and his right hand in the first round, it could explain why he stopped punching.

Comment

Working...
                      X