Nam Phan Was Paid His Win Bonus After Controversial Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nam Phan Was Paid His Win Bonus After Controversial Loss

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/12/6...-paid#comments

Nam Phan confirms to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour that he was paid his win bonus following his controversial loss to Leonard Garcia at the TUF 12 Finale:

"It's almost a blessing in disguise," Phan said. "It almost made me more popular. I really appreciate the support from the MMA community, especially the UFC and Dana White. Everyone from the UFC had my back, and I really appreciate that."

"Dana white came by backstage and told me, 'You're getting your win bonus because you won that fight,' " Phan said. "I thought business is business, and I just thought if I lost, I lost, and I would only get my base pay. That's how it usually goes. But the UFC – Dana White takes care of the fighters. I really appreciate that."

any half decent technical striker is gonna smash Nam

he leans to one side when hes thinking about punching. kinda funny.

Comment

****in right he was. he won that fight

Comment

Dana White takes care of the fighters.
        I wonder if he managed to say this with a straight face.

Comment

Dana fixed the fight, Dana fixed the judges, Dana this Dana that. Where the talkers at now?

Comment

Glad to see the UFC do the right thing, people who **** talk Dana=FU. However, this means nothing, the commisions need to do something, anything about the fact that fighters who dominate fights are still gonna be nervous as hell when the decision is being read knowing that there's probably at least two people judging the fight that know nothing about what they're watching

Comment

He deserved that bonus, and this probably helps the sting quite a bit!

Comment

He must have been robbed bigtime.

Comment

Terrible officiating is a good thing for the fans. It gives fighters more incentive to keep it out of the judges hands.

Comment

Working...
                  X