No announcement yet.

Canelo reminds me of Jesse Vargas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo reminds me of Jesse Vargas

Both guys have great tools and skills but man do they have a lazy fighting style. They do just enough to win and nothing more. I swear to god Cotto was there for the taking on more than one occassion and Canelo just left him off the hook.

It reminded me of when jesse fought bradley only Bradley was able to come out with the win. The one round where vargas pushed the action he brutalized bradley.

Where are these guys' killer instinct?

but Jesse Vargas sucks?

Comment

I agree cotto was their to fold but canelo didnt go for it, I guess he figured hes winning easily and chilled, he did go for it in the 12th but cotto went into full survive mode so canelo wasnt landing as clean as he wanted and didnt want to punch himself out like jones did with karass so he pumped the brakes.

Either way clear victory domination over cotto just wish canelo made him take that kneee cotto so desperately was avoiding. Cotto even started breaking down mentally complaining to the rough about shots, moving his hands like an octopus hope canelo doesnt come in but canelo man needs that fire I blame it on his chilled ass trainers they all fat boys who are happy all the damn time lol.

continued rant... Canelo even runs lazy lol you see the way he runs it half step jobs its more of a power walk type of deal.

with all that being said no one can defeat him so imagine if he steps it up a notch on the ferociousness damn gonna be a public outcry to not allow canelo to box after all the bodybags he be handing out to these suckers

Comment

Jessie Vargas is a thug.

There are well known stories of him going around beating people senseless in bars and on the streets.

Comment

Canelo is more like a better version of Danny Garcia. He can't apply pressure to save his life. He just slowly walks forward and hopes his opponent doesn't move...

He's got the tools and skillset to be a better fighter than he shows.

Comment

They may have similarities but Canelo is at a much higher level than Vargas will ever be. Canelo is a superstar and on many top 10 pound for pound lists. Vargas is an ex champ who may never be a champion again. Canelo is just a much superior fighter. Maybe Canelo was cautious with Cotto because Cotto's famous left hook has separated many boxers from their senses. Doesn't Mayweather also win rounds without taking needless risks? As a Canelo fan I would have liked him to get the KO. He got a clear points win over the highly regarded Cotto and won the lineal middleweight championship so I am proud of his latest win. He is still young and trying to improve so maybe his killer instinct and finishing ability will get better.

Comment

I thought Vargas used to be real aggressive, too aggressive in fact at times. His killer instinct isn't missing or wasn't missing so much as his power was. He can't KO a dying old lady.

I definitely feel like Canelo gots a ho hum style. He fights 2mins of rounds ffs. He has the fighting stamina of the 3rd best businessman boxer at a white collar gym.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                but Jesse Vargas sucks?
                Is that a contradiction?

Comment

I think his stamina issues are well in his mind and it's effecting his decision making. After the first three rounds, the snap in his punches dropped off noticeably and only returned in spurts; in spots in the middle rounds and then again for most of the 12th round.

Comment

Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
                    Both guys have great tools and skills but man do they have a lazy fighting style. They do just enough to win and nothing more. I swear to god Cotto was there for the taking on more than one occassion and Canelo just left him off the hook.

It reminded me of when jesse fought bradley only Bradley was able to come out with the win. The one round where vargas pushed the action he brutalized bradley.

Where are these guys' killer instinct?
                    Canelo is same as Chávez jr but with better hand speed. .and conditioning...both look great vs small stationary boxer..Chávez jr just move up in weight and look what happened to him. .same will happen to Canelo ones he moves up. .his power is overrated just like JR..he couldn't even make cotto take a knee..plus he was punching with all he had...he lacks boxing skills and vs fighters his size he will get hurt bad to da body n head...Cotto landed nice shots to da head. .he just couldn't hurt da light heavyweight Canelo...don't expect 3G vs Canelo anytime soon. ..GGG would walk tru him and his overrated power

Comment

Working...
                    X