Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated hype job you've seen since you've been watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    I'd say Floyd.
    It's not that Floyd's not a great fighter and best of his era.
    Floyd hyped himself as TBE.
    When a fighter calls himself TBE, that's a pretty tall order to fill.
    As good as Floyd was, he wasn't close to being TBE. IMO
    I agree that Floyd is overrated by his fans but overall he does have an all time great resume'. Plus, every time Canelo wins, Floyd's resume' grows. He's definitely in the all time discussion as one of the best ever. As a Floyd hater, I still accept reality.
    Last edited by Boxing Goat; 11-12-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -AJ did more in 3 yrs than TUE 50-0 did in 20...FACT!

Don't need to go squallin' for his daddy like your sissy boy.
      Can't tell if serious

Comment

Jeff Lacy

Never beat anybody and was absolutely undressed by Calzaghe.

Since that beating his career took a downward dive.

Joel Julio- was equally undressed by Carlos Quintana. Quintana is a good fighter having beat PW but Julio was hyped as liquid dynamite in his fists but never let his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
          I thought about Cooney too, but Heavyweights are different. Power changes everything. I would say Felix Verdejo. This kid was supposed to be the next Cott, , Trinidad, etc. Hasnt done anything as a pro.
          The powers-that-be yearn for another Puerto Rican star. They’ll jump all over any PR fighter that shows some promise. Verdejo is a decent fighter, but he just didn’t have it in him. Few people do. Guys like Cotto and Trinidad don’t come along every day. Could be a while before the next big draw shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            I agree that Floyd is overrated by his fans but overall he does have an all time great resume. Plus, every time Canelo wins, Floyd's resume' grows. He's definitely in the all time discussion as one of the best ever. As a Floyd hater, I still accept reality.
            No doubt about it. An ATG fighter. TBE? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Adrian Broner and Chavez Jr. Without a doubt!
              Originally posted by BOMB SQUAD View Post
              Adrian Broner but he was hilarious

Anthony Joshua, David Price
              Yeah, this is about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                Mike Tyson and Sonny Liston

But more recently, Jeff Lacy.
                Lacy, yeah. Tyson, terrific, electrifying fighter, but overrated by casuals and his fans. Liston? Maybe you guys talk about him a lot in the history section and I’m missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  No doubt about it. An ATG fighter. TBE? Nah.
                  Yeah, but really, when you look closely, who really has the definitive claim as the #1, without question, best fighter of all time? I think it's debatable.

P.S. No, I not only think prime Pacquiao was better, but I also think prime Roy Jones was better.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Lacy, yeah. Tyson, terrific, electrifying fighter, but overrated by casuals and his fans. Liston? Maybe you guys talk about him a lot in the history section and I’m missing something.
                    Liston was made out to be some monster by historians and acted like Ali's win was some ATG feat but when I analyze Liston's record, he was basically less accomplished than John Ruiz and lost several times in his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
                      Can't tell if serious
                      - -Can't tell if you're your Sissyboy.

Prob not since 50 pennies say the poor thing is illiterate.

Comment

Working...
                      X