Comment

laced up has a bright future in journalism

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
        Two things you don't discuss with Kovalev:
        • GGG putting him down
        • His two losses againts Artur

Everything else is open....
        He's discussed both in the past however. Claims robbery x2 against Artur - says the decisions were due to favouritism within the fiercely competitive Russian ams. Also says anyone in the Russian am team would tell you who the better boxer was (this is just what he's said - I'm not offering an opinion). Has acknowledged taking a knee sparring with GGG when fresh back to camp after holidays in Russia and Golovkin was in full fettle.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          laced up has a bright future in journalism
          I worked as a journalist for 5 years + have a degree in journalism

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            The interviewer asked about being knocked down, he didn't say anything about being knocked out at all. JDJ confirmed that Kovalev got hurt by a body shot.

Surely you know the difference between being knocked out and just being knocked down. I shouldn't have to explain the difference. Also, JDJ said Kovalev said he wasn't hurt bad but just got caught with a shot he wasn't ready for while he was out of shape.

Your thread title says JDJ confirmed Kovalev was knocked out by GGG. That isn't what was said in the video at all, nor did JDJ confirm Kovalev was knocked out.
            I tend to agree with this. I think in a real fight Kovalev would be a nightmare for GGG. Tall, rangy, powerful and throws combinations with bad intentions. With his size advantage, that's a bad fight for Gennady. In fact, if Sergei fights like he did against Hopkins, Ward could be in trouble. Kovalev's defense was on point that night.

Comment

Working...
            X