No announcement yet.

Beating Slick Fighters and Putting It All Together In Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating Slick Fighters and Putting It All Together In Sparring

what's the best way to beat slick guys who move their heads a lot and rely on countering?

How to apply everything I do in training in sparring so my skills develop instead of just fighting on instincts and doing what comes naturally?

You have to go the body to wear them down. They can't move it as easily as they move their head. Also learn to cut off the ring.

As far as sparring goes you should focus on making one improvement at a time. Once you have it down well and you feel like you have mastered it then move on to correcting another area.

Before you know it these improvements will add up and you will be a better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      You have to go the body to wear them down. They can't move it as easily as they move their head. Also learn to cut off the ring.

As far as sparring goes you should focus on making one improvement at a time. Once you have it down well and you feel like you have mastered it then move on to correcting another area.

Before you know it these improvements will add up and you will be a better fighter.
      appreciate it

This is exactly what I'm going to start doing

Comment

Feinting and finding them with the jab.

Comment

Spar spar spar spar.....that's the only secret. The more you spar, the morerelaxed you become the easier everything gets......wantbto be effective against a particular style? Spar theat style more......you'll see what works on someone won't work on another, so onpy thing you can do is spar as much as possible to gain experience.

Comment

Working...
          X