Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward is taking a huge paycut to make this fight happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
    ... Imagine if a few thousand Boxingscene posters came together and bought a fight on a purse bid. That would be hysterical.
    And live stream it for free. Get some sponsors and charge for ads on the stream. Have three members doing the commentating from a remote location. We could've at least doubled our money.

Comment

that's what I'm saying

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        If Ward beats Kovalev he needs to tell HBO to go f#ck themselves & go talk to Showtime or Haymon if his contract with Roc Nation is up too.
        And the tickets on Groupon smh. I recall people saying Wilder, Broner and Thurman were stupid for turning down that Roc Nation money. Quillin was stupid for vacating the purse bid Roc Nation won. Roc Nation is ****

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          And live stream it for free. Get some sponsors and charge for ads on the stream. Have three members doing the commentating from a remote location. We could've at least doubled our money.
          Last edited by RespekonMyName; 08-05-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I thought the pay cut was for his opponent, that what it sure looked like

Comment

Sully B

Comment

It's his 4th bum in a row. What does he expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  If Ward beats Kovalev he needs to tell HBO to go f#ck themselves & go talk to Showtime or Haymon if his contract with Roc Nation is up too.

And the tickets on Groupon smh. I recall people saying Wilder, Broner and Thurman were stupid for turning down that Roc Nation money. Quillin was stupid for vacating the purse bid Roc Nation won. Roc Nation is ****
                  Ward still likely has a ridiculously high guarantee for two fights per year. Barrera fight is one, and Kovalev would be another one. This Brand fight was probably just an extra third fight Ward requested to keep him active. Roc Nation wouldn't be obligated to pay him so much for a fight outside of their contract minimum. You won't see any Haymon fighters getting 3 huge paydays per year.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 08-05-2016, 09:22 PM.

Comment

From Idec's tweet sounds like they HBO paid less than $300,000 for the fight. I guess that's why there is no televised undercard. I could've bought this fight

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Ward still likely has a ridiculously high guarantee for two fights per year. Barrera fight is one, and Kovalev would be another one. This Brand fight was probably just an extra third fight Ward requested to keep him active. Roc Nation wouldn't be obligated to pay him so much for a fight outside of their contract minimum. You won't see any Haymon fighters getting 3 huge paydays per year.
                      I think Ward was supposed to make the same minimum for this fight, but cuz of all the injury stuff earlier in the year HBO kinda f#cked Ward out of about $1.2M or so, give or take. Sounds like RN had to pick up the slack with this fight so it could even happen at all to me. But thats just my speculation on what went down I could be wrong.

And mainly I just think Ward probably doesn't feel like he's being treated or paid like he should be for his accomplishments over his entire career & in particular if he beats Kovalev on top of all that. At that point I think he can call his own shot a lil better & playing the field with networks & promoters would probably get him in a better position.

Comment

Working...
                      X