Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon willing to lay 10 million for Stevenson/Kovalev for September 26th in Quebec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haymon willing to lay 10 million for Stevenson/Kovalev for September 26th in Quebec

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ichel-cest-non

The rumored everywhere. Jean Bedard, president of Interbox, was an alliance with Main Events and HBO to inflate the supply clan Sergey Kovalev at the auction held in Mexico City on 17 April. And therefore force Al Haymon to add two or three million to an already copious envelope.
    As we know, the WBC, World Boxing Concil, will provide the organization of the fight between Sergei Kovalev and Adonis Stevenson to the promoter that will ensure the best scholarships for both boxers.
    Already Yvon Michel and Al Haymon stated that they were ready to lay by $ 10 million for the presentation of the fight on September 26 at the new Coliseum in Quebec.
    HBO and Kathy Duva are now breaking the bank to counter the offer of PBC Al Haymon group. And it goes without saying that an association with Jean Bédard and Interbox could bring water to the mill as well have benefited from market Montreal and Quebec.
    But as Jean Bédard and Yvon Michel are both Quebecers and they are already partners in the presentation and organization of some parties and several battles, many were uncomfortable discussing this possibility.
    That works for Kovalev making quick work out of Mohamedi...aim for June IMO.... I don't think it'll last that long anyway...given there's no cuts or anything.
    Article said Duva/Interbox working together to counter their offer....but no way they're winning it

That's a lot of dough

Comment

It's all a mirage. Adonis is scared of the Russian killer

Comment

But Stevenson is ducking Kovalev doe.

Comment

Why is Duva trying to beat it? I don't think she'd make it back, it's just money in the bank for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Why is Duva trying to beat it? I don't think she'd make it back, it's just money in the bank for them.
            She can try, she won't beat it

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Presumably because she wants to put it on HBO, and if Haymon/Michel win it likely wouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Nah, he's looking to fight the best at all times, took the Suhotsky fight to challenge himself. And the Bika one...

Comment

Sounds like Yvon Michel is trying to dissuade a counter-bid by stating that inflated figure, no way Haymon wants to pay that much for those two.

Let's see what they actually bid, put the $10 million up, don't just talk about it.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 03-29-2015, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    It's all a mirage. Adonis is scared of the Russian killer
                    Yup, all it took was the WBC making an imaginary mandatory position to force a mandatory purse bid where Stevenson either got stripped or fought... yup, that was his plan all along.

Comment

Working...
                    X