No announcement yet.

Lets be honest, curtis stevens wanted out in the 2nd round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets be honest, curtis stevens wanted out in the 2nd round

IMO it should have been stopped then, he was looking at his corner like "I cant deal with this eastern block monster"

GGG is truly going to be a ATG.

Stevens mentally quit, there is no doubt about that

Comment

Lol yea right...all credit to GGG but Curtis survived, cleared his head in Round 3, and came back to fight in Round 4...

Down the stretch he did go into survival mode but he kept coming back until GGG would hurt him again...

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
        Lol yea right...all credit to GGG but Curtis survived, cleared his head in Round 3, and came back to fight in Round 4...

Down the stretch he did go into survival mode but he kept coming back until GGG would hurt him again...
        Came back with what???his whole body and face wearing down ggg fists?

Face it it was a horrible beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Came back with what???his whole body and face wearing down ggg fists?

Face it it was a horrible beat down.
          There was a point in the fight at the end of the round where Golovkin seemed to drop his defense and started to get tagged by Stevens. The fight was a one-sided beatdown until that happened and Stevens finally started throwing some decent shots back. I think this was a conscious effort by Golovkin to wake Stevens up and remind him that this is a fight and that the people came to see one.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious after all his **** talk he spent most of the fight running away.

figures...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
              There was a point in the fight at the end of the round where Golovkin seemed to drop his defense and started to get tagged by Stevens. The fight was a one-sided beatdown until that happened and Stevens finally started throwing some decent shots back. I think this was a conscious effort by Golovkin to wake Stevens up and remind him that this is a fight and that the people came to see one.
              IMO I think GGG lost concentration. He dominated that round with jabs and light punches, which was 4, but in the last 25 secs Stevens in the corner countered with hard shots then went on the front foot. It can get boring in the ring and people lose concentration.

Comment

Damn. That walrus in your sig looks like Stevens' knockdown face, somewhat.

Comment

but he fought on. can you acknowledge that? i guarantee you won't say to his face that he wanted out. non boxing chump.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    but he fought on. can you acknowledge that? i guarantee you won't say to his face that he wanted out. non boxing chump.
                    He did want out after getting knocked down... didn't you see his face? After that, Curtis went into survival mode and only poked his head out a few times

Comment

Working...
                    X