Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Andre Ward suffer from the same problems as the Klits?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Klitschkos have problems? They're mega stars in Germany, have lucrative sponsorship deals and TV contracts and they can fill entire stadiums. That's what you call good problems.

Ward is more like a younger Hopkins in the sense that he's not even a big star in his own country because of his style, and he doesn't have a big name promoter. Just like Hopkins he's gonna have to keep winning until he gets the recognition he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      NO, definitely not.

Wlad isn't afraid to fight in a foreign country, Ward is.

Wlad scores exciting KOs, Ward does not.

He stopped Dawson in his last fight, who I don't think was even dropped before, Weight Drained or not that is pretty exciting

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        He stopped Dawson in his last fight, who I don't think was even dropped before, Weight Drained or not that is pretty exciting
        Not only was he dropped but he was KOd...in sparring. :|

Comment

Ward is going to have to move up to seek out some exiting fights. He's about cleared out his division and the next best guy (Froch) is acting shy about a rematch. Ward is too good for his own good.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            I mean, both are accused of being "boring". In both cases, I believe it's more of the fact that Ward and the Klits don't have anyone close to their level in their divisions. I can't see anyone being a favorite against Ward at 160-175. Also, while the Klits/Ward might not necessarily have any ATG fighters on their records, they still have some very good names on them.
            I believe the real problem Ward faces is the same problem Martinez faces and that is he's not promoted by one of the two major promotion companies (top rank and golden boy). Unfortunately these two great talents are not being marketed properly to the public. As of right now the only two fighters who can sell on their own are Mayweather and Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Not only was he dropped but he was KOd...in sparring. :|
              Really? I don't remember that lol my bad

Comment

Honestly I'm American and I don't find Vitali and Wladimir boring at all. Andre Ward on the other hand...

Wlad KO's dudes, he absolutely dominates them. Ward.....well he heatbutts to gain an edge, clinches 85+ times, and refuses to travel like a diva. But you see, there's a reason 60,000+ show up the Klitschko fights, and only 6k show up to Ward's.

Comment

He'd be the favorite against everyone at 175, but that doesn't mean there aren't any good fights to be made up there. The are decent enough fighters to keep the fight competitive, which is all that matters. Unlike Ward, the Klit's don't have the option to move up.

Comment

they are totally different. Ward picks awesome opponents in their prime, K2s pick fat boys, dwarves and oldies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                      Really? I don't remember that lol my bad
                      Lol I'm being a douche but yeah that happened. He got KOd i think fight week or before by Edison Miranda lol. Apparantly he went down and couldnt get up or some crap

Comment

Working...
                      X