Marlon Starling 'Ward and Mayweather are beatable in my era'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
    So everyone in this era is undefeated ?
    He is talking about the current trend of 'undefeated' fighters staying as such. With the amount of titles available it makes it very easy for a fighter to become champion without taking the hardest challenges, as you once had to do just to get to contendership, let alone become and stay a champion.

Comment

The words "Mayweather" and "beatable" are like "water" and "wet."

He lost to Castillo in 2002. No confusion here.

Bob Arum paid for those scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Really?

Marlon Starling
        Simon Brown
        Mark Breland
        Milton McCrory
        Donald Curry
        Lloyd Honeyghan
        Buddy McGirt

I clarified what I meant already. I wasn't questioning Starling's era, I was asking who could have beat Floyd in Floyd's era.

Comment

starling beat mayweather twice. end thread!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            i agree with these posts. It's hard to beat someone when they're ducking and waiting for the right time to face their opponents. While completely ducking real threats
            This has to be the stupidest ***** I've witnessed a grown man repeating. Everyone Mayweather fights is coming off a W. lol When is the right time for him to fight them. If I made over 50 million to fight, I would fight once a year too. Hell I would stomp on your nephews chest for 25 hundred. lol God I cant stand this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
              they both arm, If ward stops trying to rematch people he clearly beat and move up he loses.
              There's no obligation on a fighter to move out of his weight class though.

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
              for god sake what light heavyweight do you see beating ward ?
              A better question is what light-heavy does Ward see beating him, it would help explain why he doesn't move up or even fight at a catch-weight.

I like Ward but people need to stop giving fighters credit for fights they haven't fought, let him go up and show he's better than the light-heavies.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 01-07-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Mayweather is beatable in his own era, Ward I'm not sure about.
                Haha. So Ward is better than Mayweather? This guy is so overrated by some.

Edit: You're probably right actually - Ward has beat what he can and the competition left isn't great. But Ward is not that good when compared to someone like Mayweather in terms of talent.
                Last edited by stefl14; 01-07-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
                  Hard to say because he has not fought much. Paul Williams may very well have beaten him, Margarito a few years ago, Pacquiao, Kostya may have years ago. Castillo arguably did.
                  This is THE point. Floyd was inactive for a large chunk of time, with the Cotto and Margarito fights fading away. Cotto would eventually lose and Margarito would not only lose but be shamed.

There was a time when I thought Cotto would have given Floyd the ifght of his life but lacked that extra little bit to get a win. Margarito certainly had the power to hurt Floyd and the activity to put away some rounds.

I still believe Mosley would have beaten Floyd between 05-07, when Floyd was campaigning at 140-147. Imagine a 39 year old Mosley who hadn't boxed for almost 14 months clocking Floyd clean in the second round, an almost prime Mosley would have done even worse.

Heck, Pac circa 08 would've beaten Floyd, or at least made it a 50/50 fight.

It's sad how at the tail end of Floyd's career we are still talking about all the mega blockbuster match ups he could have had rather than the ones he did have. Instead we had a prime Floyd fighting the likes of Bruseles and Baldomir.

Comment

Anyone notice that every fighter PBF didn't fight that people really wanted to see was an Arum fighter. People still know how PBF, GBP and Arum feel about each other business wise but people still give PBF 100% of the blame for fights not happening. Its just crazy!!! Cotto left Arum and got the PBF fight. Now we will truly never know if PBF would have fought Cotto pre-Margarito and Manny if he wasn't with Arum.

Then you have Arum flat out saying he kept Chavez jr away from Martinez for years and we saw what he did with the Gamboa vs Juan Ma Lopez fight but PBF ducked Arum's whole stable and Arum played no part in any of that is what too many of yall want people to believe. PBF is no where near perfect but all the blame some of yall try to place on him just makes no damn sense at all.

Comment

Anyone could lose. The simple truth is when you ask any of these atg's if Ward or Floyd is the truth its almost a unanimous yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X