Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HBO making a mistake by not putting Bradley/Alexander on BAD (boxing after dark)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
    Another terrible move by HBO.

Alexander vs Bradley = overrated American BUM vs overrated American BUM

Kotelnik would beat Alexander (again) and Bradley on the same night.
    This reminds me.

HBO got rid of the Klitschko's but now they're gonna overpay a couple of prospects, one of which just lost in his own hometown and try to sell it as a legit "championship" match?

I swear a team of monkeys run's hbo.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
      Won't this just cause them to overrate themselves even more and ask for more money in future fights which they don't deserve yet since they haven't really done much in the higher levels of the sport?

By rewarding them with a WCB slot, they're going to create more monsters like Mayweather and Berto and not have enough money to pay real fighters for real fights.

Lets face it, 40' is way overrated and these guys are getting a bunch of credit for something they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

Alexander's best win is a loss to Kotelnik and Bradley's best win is probably against Kendall Holt. I mean, that's pretty weak by standards from even ten years ago.

This is classic Boxing After Dark matchup. Imo, the winner here can shed the label of prospect.
      U guys never stop amazing me!!Bradley Alexander are the 2 best fighters at 140,their actually fighting each other,This fight if any is ppv worthy,but we get it on hbo & ur making it seem like it's mediocre,wow!!Then U go & call Floyd's name & Berto,but conveniently forget Pacman is fighting Margarito on ppv.wow!!

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
        Cotto has real drawing power though. He could fight Iceta in MSG and sell that **** out.
        I'd pay for that, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I applaud HBO for doing what it takes to get the fight made. If they keep the two on that level of pay, that's their problem. HBO has a history (going back to Roy Jones) of overpaying despite no real competition, basically bidding against themselves. Showtime has only a fraction of the budget that HBO does and won't pay guys like Bradley or Alexander anywhere near that much.
          Yeah, maybe in the short term, but what about when its time to sign for harder fights?

They're gonna price themselves out and fight bums instead.

We've already seen this a million times before.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            It deserves it's own 24/7......
            Co............****ing.............sign,homey!!

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
              U guys never stop amazing me!!Bradley Alexander are the 2 best fighters at 140,their actually fighting each other,This fight if any is ppv worthy,but we get it on hbo & ur making it seem like it's mediocre,wow!!Then U go & call Floyd's name & Berto,but conveniently forget Pacman is fighting Margarito on ppv.wow!!
              Floyd and Berto have a history of taking big Hbo money to fight bums and wasting the boxing budget.

Bruseles, Ndou, Mitchell, HErnandez, Cosme Rivera..

I could go on.

Pac/Margarito is a legit fight. Margarito did 500k with Cotto and sold out Staples Center 20k seats, and a 20k seat stadium in Mexico.

Lets see Bradley or Alexander sell out staples center or even do a ppv before we put them on ppv.

Comment

Alexander will knock Bradley out and send him back to fighting in the dessert.

Comment

If Alexander would've beaten Kotelnik more impressively I could see it. But to me, this fight has lost it's luster because Alexander got a big time gift in St Louis. So I pretty much agree with the TS. And to top it off, it's not even the most meaningful fight to be made in the division. Khan-Bradley is because Khan is ranked #2 by the Ring regardless of whether you agree with that or not. And Alexander avoided his mandatory and the fight won't even be a unification fight like it should've been if Alexander would've fought Kaizer Mabuza instead of Kotelnik.

I think it's a good fight, but I'm not hyped for it like some people are. Montiel-Donaire, Martinez-Williams, Mares-Perez 2, and even Lopez-Marquez (from an action standpoint) seem like better fights to me.

Comment

Who has Bradley beat?

Alexander the fraud is Kotelnik's bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
                      Who has Bradley beat?

Alexander the fraud is Kotelnik's bitch.

Why do you always go out of your way to be a prick?. Bradley isn't the second coming of god but he's better than Kotelnik could ever dream of being.

Comment

Working...
                      X