Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there so much corruption in Latin America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there so much corruption in Latin America?

This is the thing, I love my heritage but why are we ALL so fukin corrupt? Why do we always have that mistrust and negative attitude? What made me think of this was the George Lopez standup where he was talking about how negativity pushes the culture....

It was funny but somewhat true. There are so many resources in Latin America and those countries could do much better but we get greedy and take from those who can't defend themselves.

That's why no offense (and I say this with no offense) but I laugh when Puerto Ricans want to be independent of the U.S. That's insane!!

Look at a country like Venezuela for example. They have oil, beautiful country and someone like Chavez comes along and fuks **** up. Venezuela went from being one of the best countries in South America, to one of the worst. Crime is out of control and the poverty level is at 36%, higher than most in Latin America.

All because one man has gained too much power. We complain about the U.S but I think the system in the U.S is the closest thing to whats best for people because there are checks and balances. One man or one wing of govt doesn't have total control and that's something we might never see in Latin America and that might be the only answer to success.

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    This is the thing, I love my heritage but why are we ALL so fukin corrupt? Why do we always have that mistrust and negative attitude? What made me think of this was the George Lopez standup where he was talking about how negativity pushes the culture....

It was funny but somewhat true. There are so many resources in Latin America and those countries could do much better but we get greedy and take from those who can't defend themselves.

That's why no offense (and I say this with no offense) but I laugh when Puerto Ricans want to be independent of the U.S. That's insane!!
    Look at a country like Venezuela for example. They have oil, beautiful country and someone like Chavez comes along and fuks **** up. Venezuela went from being one of the best countries in South America, to one of the worst. Crime is out of control and the poverty level is at 36%, higher than most in Latin America.

All because one man has gained too much power. We complain about the U.S but I think the system in the U.S is the closest thing to whats best for people because there are checks and balances. One man or one wing of govt doesn't have total control and that's something we might never see in Latin America and that might be the only answer to success.
    FIRST OF ALL, GREAT TOPIC!!!!
    Not all PRs want to be indepedent, there's a political party after that and they're a joke. Those who say Yankee go home, receive ss, Veterans, scholarships, Medicaid, loans or any other help from US, they are definitely hypocrites. US doesn't want PR to become a state, that's a fact, too much poverty, crime, etc and it would take US too much money to rebuild it plus PRs mentally are not ready to be a state. We are considered "los blanquitos del Caribe" because we're a commonwealth, not sure what to think of that.

As far as the title on Corruption in Latin America, bro corruption is EVERYWHERE, no exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
      Not all PRs want to be indepedent, there's a political party after that and they're a joke. Those who say Yankee go home, receive ss, Veterans, scholarships, Medicaid, loans or any other help from US, they are definitely hypocrites. US doesn't want PR to become a state, that's a fact, too much poverty, crime, etc and it would take US too much money to rebuild it plus PRs mentally are not ready to be a state. We are considered "los blanquitos del Caribe" because we're a commonwealth, not sure what to think of that.

As far as the title on Corruption in Latin America, bro corruption is EVERYWHERE, no exceptions.
      that's true some countries just have more money to cover it up than others

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
        Totally true.

Comment

Great post for starters...

Second of all El Cabron nailed it.... some countries just more money to cover it up.

Third , to further comment on what Gerardo said..... The political party that is pro-independence did not even got enough votes on the last elections to be cosidered a political party for the next elections, that on it self... says a lot.

And great point on Venezuela. Hugo did 2 things the wrong way, messing with the rich and kicking out Exxon or Chevron from there oil fields. He had some points in favor of doing something about that but he did, he did it in insane ways....... You just don't nationalize a corporation from some one because you want to and the person who fighted and worked for it getting there, get nothing. Or just kick one of the top companies who processes crude oil and then expect to bring someone else with less experience and get pissed when you find out your oil is the worst in the world because it is not been processed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post

I tell people that all the time, just because you don't see the corruption in a country like the US it does not mean it does not happen, the country is just too big and there is so much money to go around that it is easy to cover it up.

Have you heard anything about that guy that got caught in louisiana with hundreds of thousands of dollars in the freezer? no you have not heard about it anymore but it is corruption.

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
            With regards to Latin America, it really has to do with lack of education I think. If there was a way to educate more people in our countries then people would know what their rights are and what flaws are in their political systems.

but the powers that be might now this already. Plus there is the illegal trade which provides money to those who can't get it any other way. I am sure many of those have their compadres in the gov.

Comment

Regarding Puerto Rico,

Its only a matter of time until the congress gives us the boot from the union.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

Don't be such a pinche pendejo guey,... the reason there's so much corruption is because the CIA eliminates any serious politician that wants to do good for his country and it's people, That's not good for the US and it's Coorperations that want to get their greedy filthy hands on our natural recources. If you look at the true history of Puerto Rico you'll realize that Puerto Rico was the Guinea pig for how the US will rape and pillage the rest of Latin America. The US took over the sugar industry in PR , experimented drugs on Puerto Ricans , assassinated our noble leaders, they sent Boricuas to the front lines of every US war since WW1 .
                Puerto Rico could have been the Singapore of the caribbean with it's strategic location but thanks to the U.S it is a drug infested ****-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Section8Studios View Post
                  Don't be such a pinche pendejo guey,... the reason there's so much corruption is because the CIA eliminates any serious politician that wants to do good for his country and it's people, That's not good for the US and it's Coorperations that want to get their greedy filthy hands on our natural recources. If you look at the true history of Puerto Rico you'll realize that Puerto Rico was the Guinea pig for how the US will rape and pillage the rest of Latin America. The US took over the sugar industry in PR , experimented drugs on Puerto Ricans , assassinated our noble leaders, they sent Boricuas to the front lines of every US war since WW1 .
                  Puerto Rico could have been the Singapore of the caribbean with it's strategic location but thanks to the U.S it is a drug infested ****-hole.
                  The above is true, now the US is slowly paying the price for the inequality it created during the first 50 years of the 20 th century.

But bro you can't deny the fact that the bad always comes with the good and vice versa. The US invested in Puerto Rico because by the end of the 1940's they had managed to destroy the internal economy and would be and were guilty of almost destroying the society. This investment is what made Puerto Rico what it is today. What I mean by that is even though there are serious problems in the island there is also more opportunity that in other latin american countries. The US had to do it because the were talking out of both sides of their mouth. Trying to seem to the world like they are the benefactors of the world while allowing corportate interest to rape the island. This is what really led to operation bootstrap.

There is good and bad in everything.

Comment

Because Bolvia murdered Che Guevara

Comment

Working...
                    X