Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt Trinidad rematch De La Hoya or Joe C rematch Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pharoah View Post
    Out of curiosity, how were these guys able to survive public backlash not rematching the biggest fights of their careers?
    Same reason many rematches aren't made. Money.
    Either couldn't agree on split or demand wasn't there for one which means they'd be no money.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
      ok, youre in this for the shlts n giggles. take care
      You take care as well. Remeber & realize punch stats, compu-box, they don't matter in a fight. The judges in a fight don't have access to who's landing more , compu -box stats therefore it does not fall into the equation. They judge a fight with what is at hand, they don't have HBO, Showtime or Payperview announcers to influence there judging.

If you ever want my autograph, I can send it to you w/ a replica of the gloves that i beat Tommy...

I am Sugar Ray Leonard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
        Pvj
        I'll get around to it. I'm in no rush cuz I won't matter what I say you will keep gobbling up oscar and his biatch azz. So no I haven't forgot. Just a busy attorney that got too much better things to do. But I assure you I'll post my score cards.
        Still waiting for 7 rounds? No rush tho

Your off the hook, but for the record, I cheered for Oscar in the olympics, like I would any American, but wasn't a huge fan in the moment...i felt his entrances and speeches were very scripted and theatrical. I think Arum purposely sold non boxing qualities (charisma) to pull in non boxing fans (woman) and Oscar laid it on a little too heavy at times.

Looking back, I later understood and appreciated with arum was doing (same thing people do with pacquaio, ggg, etc) Bring new fan bases in. Yeah, we have to deal with homers who are fans of a BOXER vs BOXING. People who have neither stepped in a ring, nor invested countless hours watching and analyzing the sport, who have become self proclaimed boxing experts overnight, but it's a small price to pay if it helps our sport maintain her age. Most of them will, or will at least have kids that will eventually become fans of boxing first and boxers second.

'gobling oscar'? Actually, I was torn initially (trinidad vs odh fight). Part of me felt i had to go for odh, I grew up just a few miles from Oscar (Aliso Village represent!), Mexican (My pops is Mexican, moms is half white, half black...coincidently, people, to this day, think I'm Puerto Rican). But it wouldn't have been the end of the world if Tito won. My evening wouldnt have skipped a beat. In fact, I was spending a lot of time in the gym back than and would have thrown it in a lot of pro Oscar faces.

Technically Tito won, and yes, he was a great fighter, but I couldn't throw that **** in their face. My credibility was too important to me. If your an attorney, you should be accustomed to uncovering just the facts.

You ever purposely not like a song because EVERYBODY else does? As time passes and the masses move elsewhere you find it was actually a decent cut and now your on the late show rocking it. Kind of how Oscar was for me....didnt appreciate his greatness until long after he'd stop being great.

As for the 7 rounds that Tito won, we both no they don't exist, no attorney is that good ....its all mute at this point, but I didn't start the argument, just too damn stubborn to let anybody twist it.

Comment

Working...
        X