Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughie Fury vs Anthony Joshua this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughie Fury vs Anthony Joshua this year?

When asked in his recent press conference if him and Tyson would be the next Klitschko's, Hughie sounded confident. "Definitely, 100% they would be the champions" he responded, adding that he doesn't see any one in the division that's stopping him.

When a reporter asked him: "Apart from Tyson who is the biggest threat out there?", hoping for Joshua to be mentioned, Hughie just said "I don't really see much of a threat out there to be honest with you"

So, Hughie obviously feels like he's ready to step up. Personally, after fighting on the Klitschko card, I'd like to see him go for Joshua's IBF belt. It would definitely sell and, even if he lost, that just makes a Tyson-Joshua 2x bigger with the revenge thing added to the mix. I was wanting to give Hughie another year but Joshua has less experience at amateur and Pro level and is just as green with neither having fought at world level yet. There's also the comment from Joshua when he said "One Fury at a time" which leads me to believe that this could happen. They have been in talks before the Martin fight and Peter said they would take it so, it's a fight I think could happen and more likely than Tyson-Joshua this year. I don't think Hearn will make that fight until next Summer Imo

They're both going to get better but would that be a fight that people want to see this year, or, would you prefer Tyson-Joshua asap? I'm willing to wait for that one and hope Fury-Wilder happens this year with Joshua-Hughie happening as well. In that scenario, afterwards, You either have Joshua-Wilder to unify all the belts, Fury vs Joshua to unify or the Klitschko comparison with Hughie and Tyson was right all along. All good

Hughie is only 21, I think he needs to take his time a bit before taking on a beast like Joshua. No rush for this kid. Though if he did take it, I'd certainly watch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      Hughie is only 21, I think he needs to take his time a bit before taking on a beast like Joshua. No rush for this kid. Though if he did take it, I'd certainly watch it!
      If Tyson don't fight josh I want Tyson and wilder. Josh v Hughie would be good actually I keep forgetting Hughie, he's been a bit low key.

Heavyweight is interesting now

Comment

Hughie cannot punch his way out of a paperbag, first time i have seen a prospects take journeyman the distance when they should be dispatched in a couple of rounds, i have been hearing for over 2 years he is still a baby if that is the case take him off TV and ply is his trade in quietly

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          Hughie cannot punch his way out of a paperbag, first time i have seen a prospects take journeyman the distance when they should be dispatched in a couple of rounds, i have been hearing for over 2 years he is still a baby if that is the case take him off TV and ply is his trade in quietly
          You mean since he turned pro people have been saying he's a baby? I heard someone on the Sky coverage saying Joshua was a baby in HW terms at 26, a few months behind Tyson at 27. If Joshua is still a baby then Hughie is a foetus, actually, sperm in his dads balls

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            You mean since he turned pro people have been saying he's a baby? I heard someone on the Sky coverage saying Joshua was a baby in HW terms at 26, a few months behind Tyson at 27. If Joshua is still a baby then Hughie is a foetus, actually, sperm in his dads balls
            Yes you are right

Comment

Working...
            X