No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    This series will be like every other. He'll throw in some crazy speculation in the final couple articles that will drive some people crazy but it will blow over because his agenda is obvious and his info is disingenuous at best.

I don't knock Hauser, he's getting paid to do what he's doing -- even if some of the stuff is cringe-worthy and borderline creepy. I feel sorry for those who buy into it and I laugh at the posters who've been praying for PBC's downfall.
    Remains to be seen but I agree it probably won't have any ground breaking revelations here.

As for PBC, personally I'm not satisfied with their product (yet) and I can see a strong argument as to how its been hurting the sport rather than helping it, but as I mentioned a couple months ago it's still a bit premature to judge the PBCs success or lack thereof right now...we simply need to see how things pan out over the next year or two. I never understood the whole bandwagon a manager/promoter idea, I don't care who anyone is with I just want good fights being made consistently, whether it's PBC or Top Rank or Golden Boy or Satan idc.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
      Haymon has bad relations with GBP, Toprank, HBO who are the top outfits in boxing.
      Really?

What is HBO's boxing budget again this year? How many of the top draws in the sport does TR promote? How many name fighters does GBP have again?

Fact is, Haymon owns HBO, TR and GBP...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Remains to be seen but I agree it probably won't have any ground breaking revelations here.

As for PBC, personally I'm not satisfied with their product (yet) and I can see a strong argument as to how its been hurting the sport rather than helping it, but as I mentioned a couple months ago it's still a bit premature to judge the PBCs success or lack thereof right now...we simply need to see how things pan out over the next year or two. I never understood the whole bandwagon a manager/promoter idea, I don't care who anyone is with I just want good fights being made consistently, whether it's PBC or Top Rank or Golden Boy or Satan idc.
        I can't see any strong argument as to how it's hurting the sport. I think that's nonsense, quite frankly. How long has it been, a year? We've seen a lot, a lot of good, competitive matchups in that that time. And even if the bulk sucked (not true, but let's just say it is), it would be no different than what boxing has been for the last 30 years. Meaning everything is status quo, not worse.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Ok, whoever took them to court, did it on much less and Mayweather decided to settle out of court because he and his team knew they were in huge ****.

Hauser would not be writing the type of articles he does without covering his back and being pretty sure about what he was typing. Plus, I don't even know why you and your kind are getting all defensive, the first part of the article was just a summary of Haymons arrival on the big time. I didn't find anything even remotely controversial.
          That's because you choose to be in denial or you don't know how political game works. Hauser just like Arum studied Law, dude. Hauser knows exactly how to write, especially for SB Nation, anything that's worth wild to give him credits as a controversial writer and for the fact that Hauser also writes fictional and non fictional novels/books that aren't even associated to boxing.

Please don't be naive.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            I can't see any strong argument as to how it's hurting the sport. I think that's nonsense, quite frankly. How long has it been, a year? We've seen a lot, a lot of good, competitive matchups in that that time. And even if the bulk sucked (not true, but let's just say it is), it would be no different than what boxing has been for the last 30 years. Meaning everything is status quo, not worse.
            Part II touches on it:
            Haymon’s time buys have changed boxing’s economic model and made it increasingly difficult for mid-level promoters to survive. They can develop a prospect to the point where he’s 12-0, and then there’s virtually nowhere they can go to get him on television. Even larger promoters like Main Events lack the resources to buy time on attractive platforms. In the United States, only HBO and Showtime are paying significant license fees for fights. And Showtime does business primarily with Haymon.

In sum, Haymon is changing the structure of the marketplace in a way that’s threatening to drive out competing promoters.

He has also been poaching fighters. Cameron Dunkin manages Terence Crawford. He has lost several fighters to Haymon, including Leo Santa Cruz and Mikey Garcia.

“It’s a constant battle to hold onto your fighters,” Dunkin says. “Haymon has his guys whispering in their ear, ‘Danny Garcia is making more money than you are because he’s with Al and you’re better than Danny Garcia. Al is flying his fighters around in a private jet.’ All I can tell my guys is, ‘Stay with me. If you do your job in the ring, I’ll get you on HBO. HBO isn’t going to disappear and Haymon might.’”

“Haymon is screwing up the marketplace,” Pat English (the attorney for Main Events) says. “That’s for sure.”

Comment

Part II touches on it:
              Haymon’s time buys have changed boxing’s economic model and made it increasingly difficult for mid-level promoters to survive. They can develop a prospect to the point where he’s 12-0, and then there’s virtually nowhere they can go to get him on television. Even larger promoters like Main Events lack the resources to buy time on attractive platforms. In the United States, only HBO and Showtime are paying significant license fees for fights. And Showtime does business primarily with Haymon.

In sum, Haymon is changing the structure of the marketplace in a way that’s threatening to drive out competing promoters.

He has also been poaching fighters. Cameron Dunkin manages Terence Crawford. He has lost several fighters to Haymon, including Leo Santa Cruz and Mikey Garcia.

“It’s a constant battle to hold onto your fighters,” Dunkin says. “Haymon has his guys whispering in their ear, ‘Danny Garcia is making more money than you are because he’s with Al and you’re better than Danny Garcia. Al is flying his fighters around in a private jet.’ All I can tell my guys is, ‘Stay with me. If you do your job in the ring, I’ll get you on HBO. HBO isn’t going to disappear and Haymon might.’”

“Haymon is screwing up the marketplace,” Pat English (the attorney for Main Events) says. “That’s for sure.”
              Yeah, sounds like nonsense. So what would you do with a 12-0 prospect before and what has changed to where you can't do it now?

Comment

Part II touches on it:

First part makes sense. ME used to have NBCSN. GBP used to have FS1. Plus ESPN FNF was open to everyone. Now NBCSN and FS1 are with PBC and ESPN ended FNF to start it's own PBC series. Great move by Haymon if his intention is to consolidate boxing (at least boxing in America) under the PBC banner.

Second part is just sour grapes from a rival promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Lol doesn't Hauser work for HBO. An also one time dan tweeted a pic of himself and Bob Arum hanging out at Bob's house
                  hauser is on the hbo and gbp payroll its not by accident anyone not ridiculously bias no longer takes him serious including other writers who are now coming out bashing him over his haymon series

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Dan doesn't have to like AL. That's fine. I agree that Al should've invited all media to press events as they help promote events.

As Dan himself has written he is extremely close with a couple of people at TR. So close that they have seder together. During the Floyd/Manny build up it was clear that Dan was getting all his info from TR and was putting things out that were clearly false. He compromised his integrity and made himself look very biased and unprofessional.

People need to remember that ESPN and HBO have a corporate relationship. anyone expecting Dan to be unbiased and write about boxing fairly is fooling themselves.
                    Doesn't PBC run ESPN's FNFs doe? Didn't Brian Kenny come over to PBC from ESPN doe?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      you guys forget haymon comes from the music industry where he burned all his ties, haymon can never enter the music industry again and be successful. Now this guy found a new hustle "boxing" and he has already burned bridges.

Haymon has bad relations with GBP, Toprank, HBO who are the top outfits in boxing.
                      Not sure why you're so against Haymon. All of the ese's in boxing seem to love him. Leo Santa Cruz and Mares sure do. Even the Mex-Americans like John Molina Jr. and Victor Ortiz do too. He's empowering your countrymen to thrive in this sport, unlike Arum/Top Rank who only seem to showcase Eastern Euros these days.

I know you don't like his complexion, but you should learn to embrace what he does for your boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X