No announcement yet.

Star wars the force awakens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baya View Post
    with the mask on, ren's in possession of the most bad @ss voice in all of film.
    True, but without it, he's the Leif Garrett of the Star Wars Franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
      True, but without it, he's the Leif Garrett of the Star Wars Franchise.
      googling leif garrett.

join date 2004? that's OG status.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        I was able to do it, but I don't Facebook and I was very careful about the articles I read before I saw the movie.

The only 'spoiler' I heard turned out to be untrue.
        Yeah, Facebook spoiled it for me. Was looking at a Christmas meme, clicked picture to read comments, top comment was a spoiler.

Heard people were spoiling it for people on ESPN, online gaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          I'm not trying to compare the two movies. My point is that each one can be great in it's own right, I didn't get that with Star Wars. Sorry but it was disappointing to me, shallow story line, not enough action and it depended too much on the old characters.

That's my opinion and I disagree, I don't think it was better than the prequels. It fell short of even them, it was a typical JJ Abrams movie. All flash no substance.
          If you honestly believe the prequels are superior to this, I question your opinion on anything related to Star Wars. Revenge was the best prequel, but this was easily ahead of that. No "Ohhh hold me annie....like you did by the lake on naboo when all we had was love" lol No Hayden Christensen.

I will say the last 30-40 minutes of ROTS was nice though.

I don't think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've shared my flaws with it. But it was a solid Star Wars movie IMO.

Comment

• Had a lot of well placed humor. I'm sure Hayden Christensen comes back in VIII as a Force Ghost lol.

Comment

• Seems some here didn't 'get' the Kylo Ren character. I don't believe he was intended to be some badass evil character like Dath Vader/Darth Maul off the bat, he was shown as vulnerable and at times weak trying to fill a big man's shoes. I think he had the most depth of any of the new characters.

Curious to see what direction Rian Johnson (Looper director) takes the next film.

Comment

• Originally posted by baya View Post
                googling leif garrett.

join date 2004? that's OG status.
                Yeah, been posting on and off. Great forum.

Comment

• It was alright

Kylo is a bit of a let down, compared to other bad guys in the series hes a bit of a wimp, his saber is cool tho

id **** Rey lol, she was the main character in my opinion.

My favorite new character would have to be Finn, it was a cool scene when he first gets out to battle and just stops after his friend dies, i was like wtf never seen a trooper do that. i believe he's also the first NON JEDI character to fight with a lightsaber, even if he lost with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    If you honestly believe the prequels are superior to this, I question your opinion on anything related to Star Wars. Revenge was the best prequel, but this was easily ahead of that. No "Ohhh hold me annie....like you did by the lake on naboo when all we had was love" lol No Hayden Christensen.

I will say the last 30-40 minutes of ROTS was nice though.

I don't think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've shared my flaws with it. But it was a solid Star Wars movie IMO.
                    ROTS > TFA this movie has so much plot holes. Rey who is just good at everything. Kylo Ren who i liked until he took his mask off to look like some goofy guy that people blame Haydens acting what about Drivers? In the Han Solo scene when he delivered his line i cringed. And the worst is the ending. Finn who has no training gets a clean hit on Kylo, Rey then suddenly wishes and it comes true and beats Kylo. The ending in the map was with R2 this whole time? Anakin is 19-20 in clone wars and 23 in ROTS and Kylo is in his 30s acting like this. Anakin was complex Kylo is just wack. How a a trained light saber fencer loses to two novices is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      ROTS > TFA this movie has so much plot holes. Rey who is just good at everything. Kylo Ren who i liked until he took his mask off to look like some goofy guy that people blame Haydens acting what about Drivers? In the Han Solo scene when he delivered his line i cringed. And the worst is the ending. Finn who has no training gets a clean hit on Kylo, Rey then suddenly wishes and it comes true and beats Kylo. The ending in the map was with R2 this whole time? Anakin is 19-20 in clone wars and 23 in ROTS and Kylo is in his 30s acting like this. Anakin was complex Kylo is just wack. How a a trained light saber fencer loses to two novices is beyond me.
                      Just watched the movie, best Star Wars film by far. My only gripe is how easily they blow up planets and how easily they destroyed the death star 2.0. But I could've missed something, I wasn't paying attention in the planning scene all I remember is seeing like a 4/5 man star fighter taking out that planet base.

I liked the Kylo Ren guy, thought he looked a little wimpy and gay at first, but I remembered Vader also looked like a bum and by the end of the movie I had forgiven him for being such a wimp as he's still on the path of the dark side which then again is all about being a scared little wimp too sissy to trust anyone and stuff. In the next movie hopefully he's got that ****ed up sith face(pale, yellow eyed, dark veins etc.), he'll look a lot cooler. Fact he didn't have that shows he was a noob with this dark side business, no lightning neither. The end fight scene between the trio was the best fight from any Star Wars film also(the choreography). Ren was more or less having his way with Finn who's a soldier, with his abdomen shot up and if I remember right could only use one arm properly but just seemed to let his guard down for a moment then proceeded to get payback by frying Finn's spine(how do you recover from that?). Rey showed in the beginning of the movie she can handle her self very well with a melee weapon and she was also getting mollywhopped whilst Ren was holding back trying to recruit her before getting overwhelmed by her sudden force powers, once she sliced his leg he was done. Vader was a Jedi basically his entire life too and he got mollywhopped by Luke who trained for about 3 years without any combat experience majority of his life unlike Rey and Finn who'd likely been fighting most their lives.

P.S R2 had a piece of the map, BB8 the other.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-22-2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X