No announcement yet.

Hank Lundy Turned Down a Scholarship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank Lundy Turned Down a Scholarship?

Hank Lundy Turned Down a Scholarship? so that his sister can go to college instead? I dont get it maybe someone can shine some light I thought scholarships are only for that particular person. I didnt think you can say naw and give it to whoever you wanted.

I wondered also.

My guess, he worked rather than take the scholarship so he could help pay for his sis.

Makes more sense for him to use the scholarship, graduate, then work, then help his sis.

Comment

May have just been a partial and his parents could only afford to send one to college.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        May have just been a partial and his parents could only afford to send one to college.
        That's what I was thinking.

Was probably to one of those expensive private lib-art schools - a DII, or DIII football school with ridiculous tuition of 30kish--50ishk a year.

And he prolly jsut got partal scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
          Hank Lundy Turned Down a Scholarship? so that his sister can go to college instead? I dont get it maybe someone can shine some light I thought scholarships are only for that particular person. I didnt think you can say naw and give it to whoever you wanted.
          Yeah wtf? he had a football scholarship I think he was a running back.

Shawn Porter used to be a star running back in highschool but took up boxing instead, probably knew how hard it is to make it in football with so many other running backs who are better.

I wonder if Lundy was 170 pounds like Porter was in highschool playing football?

Lundy looks like a stocky dude how does he make 140?

James Toney was another guy who had a football scholarship to Michigan but he beat up Dion Sanders during the combine and they nixed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
            if the words come from Jim Lampley's mouth it is
            Last edited by CTC JOHNNY; 12-07-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

A scholarship doesn't mean it's a free ride. Simply means that you are accepted to the school on the basis of sport merit but you still have to pay the tuition. They may pay for half of your tuition or all of it under some circumstances but usually it means that they will overlook academic shortcomings that would otherwise preclude you from general acceptance to the school.

Comment

Working...
              X