Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-watched the Groves - Froch fight with scores.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1q3er5 View Post
    was groves even hit clean in round 9??? I think he was just tired. Froch didn't really land anything clean. This stoppage was a disgrace
    What? He was hit with 3 or 4 consecutive bombs.

Comment

1. Froch 8 - Groves 10
      2. Froch 10 - Groves 9
      3. Froch 9 - Groves 10
      4. Froch 9 - Groves 10
      5. Froch 10 - Groves 9
      6. Froch 9 - Groves 10
      7. Froch 9 - Groves 10
      8. Froch 10 - Groves 9

Froch 74 - 77 Groves

Froch was easily taking round #9 so it would be 84 - 86 (84-85 if Froch could've knocked down Groves which seems to be likely)

It was a close fight and some of the rounds were very close and Froch was finishing very strong as usual.

This wasn't a blatant domination by Groves.

And for the people who say that Groves only needed to use his jab and move around for the next few rounds to win the fight, Groves was tired, there was a reason he started trading more with Froch. I don't believe Groves wanted to exchange punches, he was just tired and had no other choice but to stand and trade punches. IMO Groves had no more energy to move around the ring for the next 3 rounds.
      Last edited by vacon04; 11-24-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't know why, but they were.

Froch lands 3 jabs in a row: "That jab is just pawing and missing."

Groves's right hand glances off the top of Froch's head. "Another hard right hand, Groves is making a mug of Froch."

They talked like Froch was getting dominated and embarrassed and out of the fight when that isn't even close to what was happening.
        Yupp i agree. Froch was buzzed for a few rounds and Groves gave him hell but from the 6th round when Froch shook off the buzz and started flowing and touching him up with that half backhand jab, they were still talking like he was missing all his shots and fighting lousy. I was standing up running on the spot in excitement watching the tide change because I've been watching the sport far too long to let the commentators sway my opinion of what I know i'm seeing happen. Didn't have a favourite in this fight, I was just looking for an exciting competition, which I got even with the early ****ry stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
          77-74 for me...

Round 9 would've been 86-84

All George would've had to do was jab his way through 1/2 rounds and fight won... This isn't even considering Froch really should've had a point taken off him in the fight.
          or 86 - 83 had Froch knocked him down or if he got a standing 8 etc. And that's all considering Froch didn't stop him which in all likelihood he was probably on his way to doing.

Comment

How anyone can score round 7 to Froch is beyond me

1 Groves (10-8)
            2 Groves
            3 Groves
            4 Groves
            5 Froch
            6 Groves
            7 Groves
            8 Froch

78-73 Groves

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_YdE9OdPI
              Here is the link for anyone who has not seen it. Foreign commentary, which is better for watching back as its easier to score without Jim watt talking crap over it all as-usual.

Groves: 10 10 9 10 9 10 10 9 = 77
              Froch: 8 10 10 9 10 9 9 10 = 75

I'm sure people may have it different, but when I first watched it I thought groves had won nearly every round. Bit closer when I re-watched it.
              I had it something similar to you OP. I ignored Jim Watt's "Grrroves, Grrroves, Grrroves".

Comment

Originally posted by opotemo View Post
                How anyone can score round 7 to Froch is beyond me

1 Groves (10-8)
                2 Groves
                3 Groves
                4 Groves
                5 Froch
                6 Groves
                7 Groves
                8 Froch

78-73 Groves