Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios, Pacquiao and Cotto aren't the only beneficiaries of an arum Gift Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios, Pacquiao and Cotto aren't the only beneficiaries of an arum Gift Decision

Castillo landed 107 more Power Punches, and beat floyd in every statistic except jabs thrown.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-05-2012, 12:53 PM.

I watched this fight a few times, Castillo started to late IMO. He lost too many of the early rounds. I thought castillo would dominate in the rematch but...

Comment

It was a close fight. I had Floyd up after the first 6 rounds, as he controlled most the action and won those rounds with his jab, rather easily. The last 6 rounds, Castillo was winning, effectively trapping Floyd on the ropes, the most trouble I've ever seen Floyd have. I had Castillo winning by 1 point, scoring the rounds 6-5-1 Castillo when I watched it live.

Castillo was the victim of getting started too late. Still, they rematched immediatley and Floyd won handily and convincingly, without controversy. Something Manny hasn't done yet with Marquez.

Comment

What decision for cotto was a gift decision?

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          They say Clottey was. That too, was a really close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            clottey

That one wasn't as obvious because it was close, but Arum was going to have cotto winning that no matter what.

Arum seriously needs to get investigated and thrown in jail. How are you going to fix a life and death warrior sport? He's been doing it for decades now.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              They say Clottey was. That too, was a really close fight.
              Thats what i figured. It was a very close fight, nowhere near the caliber of the rios gift decision for instance. Everybody and their brother knew abril won. Just because clottey gave cotto the fight doesnt mean that cotto was awarded with a gift decision either. Hell, if cotto would have essentially quit with his eye he would have won rather easily iirc.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                  clottey

That one wasn't as obvious because it was close, but Arum was going to have cotto winning that no matter what.

Arum seriously needs to get investigated and thrown in jail. How are you going to fix a life and death warrior sport? He's been doing it for decades now.
                  I think their are robberies (such as in the case of rios-abril), and there are close fights open to interpretation. I know people like to make a big deal out of the clottey fight, but it was a very close fight, with cotto getting the nod. Some agree, some disgree, but its reasonable. rios was not lol.

Comment

I don't think Cotto got a gift in the Clottey fight. If your the underdog you have to go out and win impressively to get a decision. Clottey pretty much handed the fight to Cotto in the late rounds. I feel the same way about Pac/JMM III. Marquez should have known he was never going to get a decision in a close fight, yet he still went out the last few rounds as if he had it in the bag. He has no one to blame but himself.
                    Abril definitely got robbed against Rios though. No one watching that fight could say Rios won more than 2 rounds tops. And Floyd definitely lost the Castillo fight. Who cares what happened in the rematch. That first fight wasn't even close. That was a robbery.

Comment

Working...
                    X