No announcement yet.

How Did You Score It RBR: Muhammad Ali vs Earnie Shavers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Izenberg quote from Ring Magazine
    “Going into the final round, I had that fight even and Ali needed a big finish in my view,”
    https://www.******.com/518537-muhamm...tand-40-years/

It was a closer fight bruh.

Comment

No. You are saying it was a controversial decision. Show scorecards from 1977 that illustrate that it was controversial. Scorecards from 40 years later do not prove your point.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        No. Your card does not count.

You are stating the decision was controversial. That would mean a good portion of the people at ringside scored the bout for Shavers. Show the scorecards that would illustrate that the bout was considered controversial.

The three official judges, AP, API, NY Daily News, all scored it for Ali. If I remember correctly RING and BI also had Ali winning. The lack of scorecards that had Shavers winning Illustrate it was not a controversial decision.
        Don't change the goalposts on me thats lame.

The reality is the fight was closer then the scorecards for most fans watching it. I'm not doing a deep dive on what newspaper men had scored the fight. I assume if that info was easy to find the Boxrec people would have it on the info page.

Comment

9-6 is a close fight. Close vs Controversial are two very different things. Izenberg gave Ali round 15 and the bout 8-7 in rounds. Find the many scorecards from that time that illustrate it was a controversial decision. You won’t find many, perhaps ANY.

Comment

Not changing anything. You stated it was a controversial decision. I watched the bout live in 77. Read all the aftermath reports. Ali Norton 3 WAS controversial. You can find MANY ringside scorecards that show Norton had won. You won’t find this with Ali - Shavers.

Comment

No. You are saying it was a controversial decision. Show scorecards from 1977 that illustrate that it was controversial. Scorecards from 40 years later do not prove your point.
              LMFAO. You can see the people booing it in the crowd.

You're keep changing the goalposts man. Thats weak sh^t.

First it was who had Shavers winning or the fight closer than the judges. I showed you that. Then it was which ringside people had Shavers winning or the fight closer then the judges. I showed you Jerry I's card. Now you want me to time travel to 1977 or dig up some newspapers from 41 years ago?!?!?! LMFAO.

Comment

Not changing anything. You stated it was a controversial decision. I watched the bout live in 77. Read all the aftermath reports.
                Show me all these random people from 41 years ago who had Ali winning as wide as the judges then?

You showed 2 extra cards, which I had already saw, and one of those cards had it closer than the judges so that proves my point more than yours.

I just showed you a ton of fan scorecards that had the fight super close & you're like nah can't count those. Got me loling for real over here with this sh^t.

Comment

Who had the fight closer? Who asked you to find scorecards that were closer? I didn’t. Close and controversial are very different things.

Once again...YOU STATED this decision was controversial. Controversial means a good % of the boxing public felt Shavers won. I’m asking you to show those scorecards that proves your point. That’s ALL I’ve asked you to show since the beginning.

Comment

9-6 is a close fight. Close vs Controversial are two very different things.
                    I agree. And this fight I would deem close & controversial cuz a lot of people had this fight closer than it was & a good % had Shavers winning. I don't care if they didn't happen to work for a newspaper in 1977 + had it closer or for Shavers.

Comment

I’m asking you to show those scorecards that proves your point.
                      I showed you 6 with rbr scoring.

Comment

Working...
                      X