Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Fighting Joshua May Be Too Ambitious For 'Special' Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    Joshua is a big stiff idiot.

He couldn't even do anything with Parker and he only stopped Takam because the ref jumped in after he missed a flurry. He only stops bums and old men.

Usyk will take him to school.
    Usyk would but what I didn't liked in the Bellew fight was that he took many straight counter righthands after he threw jabs. Imagine Joshua would hit him at will with that right hand. Usyk has to work on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
      Usyk would but what I didn't liked in the Bellew fight was that he took many straight counter righthands after he threw jabs. Imagine Joshua would hit him at will with that right hand. Usyk has to work on this.
      Yeah but Bellew is a cruiserweight that doesn't just move in straight lines like Joshua. Bellew can give different looks and get shots off from different angles. Not saying Bellew is punching from angles like Roy Jones, but he might as well be when comparing him to big heavyweights.

i think Fury and Wilder would be a bigger danger to Usyk with their styles.

That's not to say AJ isn't a threat to him, he obviously a threat to anybody he catches flush but i think Usyk can make him look very, very basic.

They are targeting Joshua, obviously for money, but i think they see is as a very winnable fight. Usyk said that he doesn't think Joshua is anything special, just a good fighter.
      Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 11-12-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

AJ lays him out

Comment

Usyk will be a problem for any heavyweight, his movement and punch output are phenomenal.

He obviously needs more size but I don't think that will be a problem.

He needs a few fights at least before AJ or Wilder, Chisora, Takam, Breazesle, fighters like that and if he wins them especially in style o think he'd be ready for a big fight.

Still believe AJ or Wilder ko him though, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            it's not

stylistically usyk doesn't bring anything to really trouble joshua

at BEST he frustrates him for a couple of rounds before getting lamped

Joshua will simply hold center ring and usyk will bounce around for a bit trying to work his way in before getting caught and taken out.
            Heavyweights are just normal people. MOst people aren't heavyweights so your more likely to find talent in lower weights a bigger pool of people.
            Haye underperformed but he still held his own against Wlad. If we are to believe Usyk is better than Haye and comparable to holyfield ive no doubt Usyk v Josh is a pickem with the edge going to Josh as hes proven.
            But its wise of Usyk to not go straight to Josh. Beat a few heavyweights first.

Comment

If Usyk would be able to come in st a solid muscular 224lbs, he has a great chance of beating Joshua.

Usyk would outclass Wilder no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                If Usyk would be able to come in st a solid muscular 224lbs, he has a great chance of beating Joshua.

Usyk would outclass Wilder no problem.
                A 6’3 78” reach Usyk doesn’t get past a just a fast 6’7 83” reach Wilder. He’d keep him at the end of jab all night no issues at all. And let’s also not forget we are taking about the hardest hitting HW in the division. Just a glancing blow at full power would knock Usyk off his feet.

But hey these are just amateur observations at best. What do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                  A 6’3 78” reach Usyk doesn’t get past a just a fast 6’7 83” reach Wilder. He’d keep him at the end of jab all night no issues at all. And let’s also not forget we are taking about the hardest hitting HW in the division. Just a glancing blow at full power would knock Usyk off his feet.

But hey these are just amateur observations at best. What do I know?

Harold Sconiers was 6'2 205lbs and put wilder down hard. Wilder has also been exposed by Spilka before he ran into a miracle haymaker.

The fact you overrate Wilder because A. He is African American, and B he talks and acts the part, doesn't mean he is. Wilder is a louder ghetto version of Michael Grant. We saw Grant get destroyed as will Wilder. Wilder has been protected his entire career for good reason. The fact the LDBC exists is to sell the great black USA hope, and you bought into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Harold Sconiers was 6'2 205lbs and put wilder down hard. Wilder has also been exposed by Spilka before he ran into a miracle haymaker.

The fact you overrate Wilder because A. He is African American, and B he talks and acts the part, doesn't mean he is. Wilder is a louder ghetto version of Michael Grant. We saw Grant get destroyed as will Wilder. Wilder has been protected his entire career for good reason. The fact the LDBC exists is to sell the great black USA hope, and you bought into it.
                    Let me correct you on this oft called “haymaker” farce. Wilder throws haymakers when and ONLY when he has his opponent out on his feet. Up to that point he has landed a solid well placed shot that has already rocked or knocked his opponent down. Those that continue to utilize the term have a personal animus towards him and jealousy for his brutal power he packs in his right hand.

The HARDEST hitting HW in the division and it’s not even a debate

Comment

Working...
                    X