No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    Khan schools him until the moment Broner catches that glass.
    ^^^ this

Would green K if they'd let me.

Khan is arguably the best three-round welterweight fighter to put on gloves. His handspeed and generally speed would give any welterweight fighter fits for three rounds.

Khan's problem is that his game has never evolved from that; no different than in baseball after seeing a 100 mile an hour fastball, it becomes easier to hit if it doesn't do anything different.

Once you see the speed for a bit, it becomes easier to simply ignore the speed and capitalize on the habits and the mistakes.

Khan lingers too long, leaving himself open to getting crushed on a well-timed counter.

Broner doesn't have monster welterweight power, but Khan doesn't really have a great chin

Comment

khan will have to fight a perfect fight and can win on points, but broner just has to catch him once and it will be over.

Comment

I think Khan wins on points. He is much faster on his feet and with his hands. He has a big reach advantage and throws straight punches. Maidana and Porter couldn't KO Broner so I don't think Khan will win by KO. Khan can't get careless because Broner is a pretty good puncher.

Comment

Would be a good match up of styles if Broner were to let his hands go earlier than after 6rnds.
          Broner looked good when he was actually throwing punches against Vargas and he does have a good motor and chin.
          He hardly had a scratch on him and looked as though he could go a few more rnds in the Vargas fight.
          I think he would shell up for prob too long before he catches Khan flush and gets the knock out.
          If not Khan gets a wide decision. Come tp think of it it is Broner so he would prob get a gift draw.

Comment

Broner has to retires after the seventh round due to a slipped disk in his neck from excessive head shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Khan schools him until the moment Broner catches that glass.
              Agreed. .......

Comment

Khan will throw too many punches for Broner

Comment

Broner won’t fight khan at 147 will be some bull**** catch weight to help hide his insecurities at fighting at 147. Probs 144 like Vargas or Granados. Khan is still rusty he needs a few more fights and some rounds before he can think about taking a big fight.

If they fight now, Broner knocks him out. If khan gets some more fights I see this an easy tune up for khan.

Comment

Working...
                  X