Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
    Golovkin is stationary?

does he stand like a statue? no.

does he use the ring for much other than cornering somebody? not really. does he have good head movement? not for a top flight boxer, no. how'd he get his reputation as one of the best chinned fighters in boxing?

he's got good enough balance and sense of positioning and technique / sense of responsibility that i wouldn't call him easy to hit, but he's certainly not elusive for a fighter at his level. especially now that he's slowed down.

so yeah, considering canelo's accuracy and punching power, and golovkin's taking shots for his entire career, and even more punishment in recent fights, that's something you consider.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      yeah, you very clearly don't understand what is going on

golovkin is the favorite. i'm favoring him to win myself. but 8/1 isn't bad odds to see if a stationary fighter who has taken punishment for his entire career and is slowing down will get old over night against a young, faster, extremely accurate puncher very good power. that's what he's gambling on. and he's getting 8/1 for it. he's obviously aware that golovkin is favored. again, you don't understand how odds work or what a gambler who bets on an underdog is trying to do, given what you said in bold.
      thank you. At least someone who understand what value betting means.

+800 is if canelo wins inside the distance.

The bookies gave Mgregor more chance to win inside the distance against mayweather than Canelo against Golovkin.

When someone puts pressure on Canelo, he fights back. Golovkin isnt that hard to hit, so there is defintily a chance that Canelo can cut or even KO Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
        Please enlighten me.

Is he getting the 8 to 1 returns if Canelo losses? If not then its stupid to bet against GGG.

And since when if GGG been a stationary fighter? Or really taken any punishment? We talking about the same fight here?

see the above post that answers the bold quite clearly.

and for the red, and this is important:

what if the odds were 1000 to 1? still bad odds? you bet a dollar to win 1000 dollars. you still wouldn't take the bet because golovkin is the favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by LomaLovkin View Post
          Please enlighten me.

Is he getting the 8 to 1 returns if Canelo losses? If not then its stupid to bet against GGG.

And since when if GGG been a stationary fighter? Or really taken any punishment? We talking about the same fight here?
          If I gave you 10 to 1 odds if you throw a dice and the number is 5 you win.

Would you take it? of course even though you would probably lose the bet the first time. But in the long run you would make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Fast View Post
            Im a semi pro sports gambler for several years now. I dont bet on who I think is going to win but on who I think is undervalued. Thats the only long term winning strategy.

Because I like you guys, I will post my bets in this thread.

For this weekend I got Canelo Alvarez inside the distance at + 800.
            I put 2 k on Canelo cuz SOG said.. Good to have confirmation.

Outta curiosity, gimme a breakdown if you can?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              does he stand like a statue? no.

does he use the ring for much other than cornering somebody? not really. does he have good head movement? not for a top flight boxer, no. how'd he get his reputation as one of the best chinned fighters in boxing?

he's got good enough balance and sense of positioning and technique / sense of responsibility that i wouldn't call him easy to hit, but he's certainly not elusive for a fighter at his level. especially now that he's slowed down.

so yeah, considering canelo's accuracy and punching power, and golovkin's taking shots for his entire career, and even more punishment in recent fights, that's something you consider.
              He's more elusive than u and other people think tbh. But I get you're point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I put 2 k on Canelo cuz SOG said.. Good to have confirmation.

Outta curiosity, gimme a breakdown if you can?
                ok let me try, im not good at typing down what I think.

But first of I hear people say if he couldnt stop Cotto or chavez jr how is he going to stop Golovkin. The difference is Cotto and chavez werent putting pressure on Canelo. If you dont put pressure on him Canelo fights relaxet. He doenst go for the kill. If you do put pressure on him like Kirkland did, his killer instincts comes up. Golovkin always put pressure on his opponents.

Second of all , golovkin gets hit easily. Canelo is a hard hitting counter puncher, he wont have a hard time landing bombs on Golovkin.

Then there is the age difference, 34 is a tipping point for allot of boxers. You never know, maybe Golovkin is a different fighter than his last fight.

So again 8 to 1 odds for a young, strong, fast and confident 28 year old boxer to stop a 34 year old somewhat stationary boxer are very good odds

Comment

ok let me try, im not good at typing down what I think.

But first of I hear people say if he couldnt stop Cotto or chavez jr how is he going to stop Golovkin. The difference is Cotto and chavez werent putting pressure on Canelo. If you dont put pressure on him Canelo fights relaxet. He doenst go for the kill. If you do put pressure on him like Kirkland did, his killer instincts comes up. Golovkin always put pressure on his opponents.

Second of all , golovkin gets hit easily. Canelo is a hard hitting counter puncher, he wont have a hard time landing bombs on Golovkin.

Then there is the age difference, 34 is a tipping point for allot of boxers. You never know, maybe Golovkin is a different fighter than his last fight.

So again 8 to 1 odds for a young, strong, fast and confident 28 year old boxer to stop a 34 year old somewhat stationary boxer are very good odds
                  Got it... Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                    He's more elusive than u and other people think tbh. But I get you're point.

what the hell do you know about how elusive i think he is?

Comment

Im a semi pro sports gambler for several years now. I dont bet on who I think is going to win but on who I think is undervalued. Thats the only long term winning strategy.

Because I like you guys, I will post my bets in this thread.

For this weekend I got Canelo Alvarez inside the distance at + 800.
                      whats the hedge>?

a true gamabler always have a hedge bets

Comment

Working...
                      X