Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frontmen Battle : Morrissey -vs- Robert Smith (The Cure)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
    Oh no you misunderstood what I meant...

I don't care if the guy eats meat or not.

I wouldn't judge the quality of his music by this criteria if that is what you are insinuating...

I disagree...
    When the frontman of a band compares the Norway massacre
    to "what happens in mccdonalds" he's bound to alienate some of his fans.
    The guy talk about "social justice" for animals..

And has a history of racism.
    jus sayin...

I would compare this idiocy to the way many celebrities were part of the anti-trump propaganda recently. Which inevitably backfired.

On the subject of being a great frontman i would say it is
    counter-productive to alienate a part of your own fanbase, by being so arrogant as to try and force your political views on them. Again I will point at the Clinton "strategy" as proof of this.

Robert Smith doesn't do this type of bull****.....
    You make some points but again, I can separate all this from his music and being a frontman in front of an audience. I don't care about his political views, etc. as long as he rocks and has the swagger. Add the great sarcasm and that's what rock'n'roll is about, you spit in people's face and especially political correctness. Nothing PC about Morrissey.

Comment

Underrated and underappreciated Cure song:

Comment

I'd have to say Morrissey. I also think The Smiths body of work beats The Cure, and when you consider that was all done between 83-87, that's quite something.

Also, i actually like quite a lot of Morrissey's solo work just as much as The Smiths, of course it lacks Marr on guitar but some of the songs are still top notch.

Still like a lot of The Cure's stuff though and seen them live a couple of times.

Comment

johnny marr is one of the best guitarists ever. morrisey's solo career was kinda garb.

like the cure, but really don't rate them the way i'd rate the smiths.

Comment

Working...
          X