Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammed Ali apreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first fight against Liston The fight against George The fight against Frazier 3 Shavers and many other great names. What he done outside the sport was truly amazing?

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
      I have Ali number 1, But I agree it is close. Louis was a great, great fighter and champion.
      In terms of fighting I favor Louis, but have no problem with Ali in the one spot. Outside the ring, these men are equals. Both were great men who did great things in the name of equality. As a Louis fan I wish he would get the recognition Ali gets for this, but realize they were from different eras with a different set of standards and rules. Truth be told though, we may have never gotten to see Ali if it weren't for the roads paved by Joe Louis and the doors he opened. Ask Jackie Robinson.
      That said, I can't think of another person I would want to meet before Ali. His charisma and worldliness are off the charts. His celebrity and personality are something to be amazed by. I would love to shake his hand some day. God bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Truth be told though, we may have never gotten to see Ali if it weren't for the roads paved by Joe Louis and the doors he opened. Ask Jackie Robinson.
        Very true,

As I said. Both Louis and Ali were great fighters, great champions and on top of that great people.

Comment

tell me exactly what can't this man do?

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
            Very true,

As I said. Both Louis and Ali were great fighters, great champions and on top of that great people.
            100% agree!!

Comment

Between these 2, the only difference that can be made between these 2 legends is that one was knocked out in his prime, and redeemed himself sevenfold, and the other regained the title 3 times and never took a 10 count. Ali the best heavy and fighter ever. It's not even close imo.

Comment

The only difference that can be made between these 2 legends is that one was knocked out in his prime, and redeemed himself sevenfold, and the other regained the title 3 times and never took a 10 count. Ali the best heavy and fighter ever. It's not even close imo.

Comment

Working...
                X