No announcement yet.

DE la hoya vs Pernell Whittaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
    I managed to watch only the 1st round of this fight, and turned it off because it looked so boring.. anybody else thought the same on this fight in 97?
    It was an OK fight with Pea landing more jabs and Oscar landing more power punches, all depends on what you like better.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
      I managed to watch only the 1st round of this fight, and turned it off because it looked so boring.. anybody else thought the same on this fight in 97?
      Dude ya I thought I was weird for getting dead bored and turning it off good thing im not aloonne.

Comment

That Felix Sturm fight was fixed as hell...

Comment

Originally posted by MWMerlino View Post
          That Felix Sturm fight was fixed as hell...
          definitely..

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            Oscar's name just came up in our boxing discussion. We're talkin about his close fights, opinions v facts. My take on it:

Drew with Whitaker (he got the decision)
            Lost to Quartey (he got the decision)
            Pissed away the last 3 rds and still beat Trinidad (he lost the decision)
            Beat Mosley in the rematch (he lost the decision)
            Lost to Sturm (he got the decision)
            Lost to Mayweather (he lost the decision)

(from an old thread)
            My cards:
            114-114 DLH and Quartey, close fight both men could have gotten the nod, obviously DLH really finished the fight in round 12. Also one even round in round 9 and i dont score even rounds often. DLH came out hard, but Bazooka was able to land that right hand at will in the 2nd half of this round. With the knockdown in round 12, it came even, i had Quartey winning by 2 points up too this point.
            116-112 Mayweather and DLH, Mayweather controlled the fight from round 7-11. He was fighting Oscar on the inside and countering with huge lead right hands while Oscar was throwing a lot Flloyd was able to roll many shots. Flloyd also landed over 45% of his punches in rounds 7-11 alone. Round 12 to DLH for work rate alone.
            115-113 DLH and Trinidad. DLH was able to win 6 out of the first 7 on my cards. I also had him winning round 9 leaving only 5 rounds for Tito too win, including the last 3 rounds. But as we all know you need to fight a complete 12 rounds and DLH has noone to blame but himself for giving the final3 rounds away.
            114-113 Whitaker and DLH. I thought Whitaker was able to land accurate shots all night. He really made Oscar look bad, but then again who didnt Sweet Pea make look bad. Very close fight. Also remember that the ref took a point away from Pernell in round 3 for a headbutt which was without a warning. I had Pernell winning 3 outta the last 4 and of course with the 10-8 round in the 9th for his flash KD of DLH.
            115-113 Mosley DLH 1....I have yet to score the 2nd fight soo i figured id throw this one in.
            And Sturmim actually about to sit down and score that after watching it a few days ago. But after watching it i have a feeling ill have Sturm winning relatively comfortably.
            Nice thread dutchie!

Comment

countering with huge lead right hands
              I know it isn't relevant to the OP's point of a boring fight but this line just reads funny lol.

Whitaker should've gotten the win vs Oscar but in fairness he didn't press the issue enough to impress anyone decisively except himself. The fight was boring with a kind of *who cares who won* feel to how it ended. What significant fighting did Whitaker do after that proved it wasn't a last hurrah? Not that Oscar did anything special against Whitaker...

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                I had:

Him beating Whittaker by 1 point. (I am rewatching and rescoring the fight now so will update after)
                Beta Quartey
                Beat Trinidad
                Won the Mosley rematch
                Lost to Sturm
                Lost to Mayweather.
                Same here.

Comment

Oscar's name just came up in our boxing discussion. We're talkin about his close fights, opinions v facts. My take on it:

(from an old thread)
                  I agree on every point except the Whitaker fight simply because I need to score it again. You might be right though.

Comment

No way in hell Oscar beat Quartey. I had it 114-111 Ike

Comment

(from an old thread)
                      thats accurate

Comment

Working...
                      X