Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nelson: If Wilder Turns Down Joshua Offer - It Doesn't Look Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Nah b*tch, stop hating on Deontay: Understand whats at stake, UNDISPUTED in the HW division ; going down in history. You must think Deontay is a sucka for taking a flat offer for what this means. But you know Johny Nelson is a SKY houseboy, thats the only reason they employ Nelson -- hes a poor-mans Roy Jones jr.

Trust me when I say, Anthony Joshua is in for the beating of this life!
    He gets the chance of a 500% purse increase &, as you point out, could become undisputed HW champ. So....why rebuke such a generous offer? not unexpected that your logic is flawed, a bit like windmill who’s going to get crushed and lobotomised.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      ??? No ppl like YOU are the reason. A Flat-Fee is some BS! Fkn pull your head out of AJ's ass!

I'm sure when Oscar offered GGG a flat-fee you were screaming bloody murder.

If youa??re Wilder do you take the 12.5 million?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:19 PM)

1000000000000000000000000000% NO. Horrible deal. They gave Parker 33% and Wilder is worth more than Parker. No chance it happens as a flat fee. Same as when Floyd offered Pac $40 million. Huge money but a pittance. As a percentage deal Pac made over $100M. It's not a real offer. It's the kind of offer that says we dont want the fight
      Then let team wilder make a counter offer. Must all the offers come from team AJ? Are you a learner?
      This brother is bringing nothing to the table except a belt, no ppv, no commercials, nothing.
      Be guided.

Comment

??? No ppl like YOU are the reason. A Flat-Fee is some BS! Fkn pull your head out of AJ's ass!

I'm sure when Oscar offered GGG a flat-fee you were screaming bloody murder.

If youa??re Wilder do you take the 12.5 million?

Dan Rafael, King Fight Freak (12:19 PM)

1000000000000000000000000000% NO. Horrible deal. They gave Parker 33% and Wilder is worth more than Parker. No chance it happens as a flat fee. Same as when Floyd offered Pac $40 million. Huge money but a pittance. As a percentage deal Pac made over $100M. It's not a real offer. It's the kind of offer that says we dont want the fight
        Fangirls like you making all the excuses for Wilder to duck. You don't want the fight, you only talk about the split, they pay you? lol

Comment

They both agreed on 60-40.

So now they are arguing as to what the total pot will be.

Wilders side have been offered 12.5 mill which if he's that confident he'd win he'd take cos it many times more than he's made before or could make in any other fight. Plus he'd get 60% of the pot in the rematch. Where's the issue? Has he accepted, no.

So then they say it's a 100 mill fight. Okay, if that's true Aj will take less than 60%, go 50/50.

Did they agree to that?

No, because they know they can't really get it to 100 mill and that was a fib to make the real offer look bad. When it was okay.

Comment

So you rather watch AJ fight PEDvetkin over Wilder??? SMH... Cool watch him beat up on bums and cans. Honestly I thought AJ looked like dog sht against Parker. And if he does that jumping back 10 feet every time an opponent throws a punch he's not gonna be undefeated for long.
            At least for now he is undefeated. I have watched wilder fight bums over the years.
            Business is versatile, if team wilder is not reasonable in their demands, team AJ will look into another business angle.
            Wilder can't stop AJ's moving train.

Comment

This is getting quite boring. Just make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                So if the 12.5 mil offer is to be believed then everything else like no date for the fight, where the fight will be, and all that other crap is to also be believed. Who would sign a deal like that? That doesn't even seem serious
                They have a September date at Wembley that has been confirmed by Eddie Hearn.

Included in the offer.

So yeah.

Comment

Everyone knows flat fee's aren't the way the business works in these kind of fights. Hearn knows that and knows it's likely to be refused.

Didn't guy's like Hearn and Arum say that Golden Boy's flat fee offer to GGG back some time ago was nonsense and that the business doesn't work that way for big PPV events. Just like Hearn saying the business doesn't work that way to Wilder when he wanted a guaranteed shot at AJ written in a contract if he faced white.

The amount of money might be good, but a flat fee offer for a potentially huge PPV event is bull**** and Hearn knows it. I'm a neutral in this one anyway, i don't care who wins.

Comment

Wilder should take the money,I just wanna see the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      I think that's exactly what the offer was made to do, make Wilder look bad. It's not even a serious offer
                      How can you say it’s not a good offer?

Do you know how many PPVs this fight would have to do in order to make this less than the 33% Parker got? 1.5m PPV.

Wilder is not a particularly bigger name than Parker in the UK. At least Parker had a big fight here before.

Fact is that AJ is the only commodity in this fight. Wilder as a commodity is only slightly more valuable than Parker and probably less than a Klitschko.

Yet he wants way more money I.e double the Parker purse. But doesn’t bring money to the table.

As Hearn says, he lives and dies by the value of a fight. Wilders team are just pulling numbers out of their asses.

Comment

Working...
                      X