Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Khan REALLY deserve a Floyd fight? Or...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a skills standpoint I say no. Khan is fast but May is not slow and from what I've seen Khan doesn't have an inside game whatsoever. I didn't expect him to bang against Maidana but Paulie and even MAB since Marco was at the end of his career I expected them to get blown away. Paulie held his own for awhile and the MAB performance wasn't that great. Khans style isn't to bang I know but what I'm saying he doesn't have that wrinkle in his game he can call on if and when he needs it. He will push you and keep you on the end of his punches. Thats why I'm interested in this Peterson match-up because Peterson has a few more wrinkles in his game even though Khan maybe the more talented one. Might just be me but I would love to see Robert Guerrero (since hes putting on weight) and Khan mix it up. I just find that match-up very intriguing. But hey that's my take.
    Last edited by MJ223; 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Khan is at the top of the list behind Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        i want to see khan have 1 or 2 fights at WW before he fights floyd.
        He should win a title at welterweight and that would make the fight bigger.
        Maybe against the WBA champion or Bert for his IBF belt.

Comment

When will people realize that there is no such thing as deserving a fight when it comes to Floyd or Manny? There are plenty of fighters deserving of fighting either that didn't & won't ever get the chance to fight them. But Khan absoluely doesn't deserve ****. He's a jr welterweight with no welterweight creds.

Comment

I don't know about which fighter deserves what, but the fans deserve Mayweather-Pacquiao.

And we're not gonna get it if people keep falling for the hype like "Ortiz/Khan has a good chance at beating Floyd, Mosley is a real threat to Manny" and continue paying for these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              When will people realize that there is no such thing as deserving a fight when it comes to Floyd or Manny? There are plenty of fighters deserving of fighting either that didn't & won't ever get the chance to fight them. But Khan absoluely doesn't deserve ****. He's a jr welterweight with no welterweight creds.
              I disagree to a ceratin extent.

I think Vic deserved the floyd fight, same as Baldo. I think JMM desrved a 3rd Pac fight. Sergio Martinez deserves a fight and Cotto deserved a pac/floyd fight. When you pull a huge upset and get people talking, you deserve to cash in on that upset if possible.
              If you kick enough ass you deserve it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I disagree to a ceratin extent.

I think Vic deserved the floyd fight, same as Baldo. I think JMM desrved a 3rd Pac fight. Sergio Martinez deserves a fight and Cotto deserved a pac/floyd fight. When you pull a huge upset and get people talking, you deserve to cash in on that upset if possible.
                If you kick enough ass you deserve it too.
                Oh it's about the timing too though. In Ortiz's he case he deserved the Floyd fight hands down. The timing was on point.

But Marquez deserved the rematch imediately after the 2nd fight. Not years past after Pacman moved up in weight & Marquez has slowed down.

Mosley deserved to fight Pacman after he trashed Margarito, but he was too good then.

Margarito deserved the Pacman fight after he trashed Cotto, but Roach was brave, but not that brave.

But after brutal beatings all of a sudden they both got the call to fight? it's not about deserving when the 2 superstar fighters are envolved, it's about money, nothing else.

Comment

Oh it's about the timing too though. In Ortiz's he case he deserved the Floyd fight hands down. The timing was on point.

But Marquez deserved the rematch imediately after the 2nd fight. Not years past after Pacman moved up in weight & Marquez has slowed down.

Mosley deserved to fight Pacman after he trashed Margarito, but he was too good then.

Margarito deserved the Pacman fight after he trashed Cotto, but Roach was brave, but not that brave.

But after brutal beatings all of a sudden they both got the call to fight? it's not about deserving when the 2 superstar fighters are envolved, it's about money, nothing else.
                  Yeah, this is their jobs. Not like this is a hobby and they got a full time job .

Comment

If you look at the landscape around Mayweather, who else is more deserving besides Pacquiao? Khan is arguably the best fighter at 140 and 147 not named Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao, with the only other option being Tim Bradley, who is going to be Top Rank soon and getting a Pacquiao fight.

It's a very good fight for Floyd to take next year sometime.

Comment

Yep, do we see a pattern there?

Comment

Working...
                      X