No announcement yet.

U.S. Economy adds more jobs than expected in June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    "Wages were a bit of a disappointment in Friday’s report, with average hourly earnings rising by 0.2% over the prior month and 2.7% over the prior year."
    Ah ok, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      "Wages were a bit of a disappointment in Friday’s report, with average hourly earnings rising by 0.2% over the prior month and 2.7% over the prior year."
      Which is an improvement, as they fell during the Obama years (except for the 1%).

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        Wage growth is still weak, that's a key number. You'd think from the availability of all these jobs, companies would raise their wages to incentivize better workers to join.
        True, this also isn't very good because houses rose 5.3 percent and food rose 7%.

Inflation typically is a sign of a strong economy but with these Tariffs its a gamble. Also I read this morning the U.S. dollar has dropped 20% since this administration has come in.

I will post these sites shortly because I am sure 1bad65 will want references and creditable sites...

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Which is an improvement, as they fell during the Obama years (except for the 1%).
          I don't doubt it, the Obama Administration created a lot of part time and menial contract jobs. He did have to deal with a recession though and I don't think we have fully recovered yet, lets hope these tariffs work.

The housing market is booming again though which is a huge working class industry and this was thanks to Obama. I just hope this administration keeps interest rates obtainable with a weak dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
            Any data on the wages of the added jobs and what kind of benefits they offer?
            Why don't you read the link, it has all the answers to your questions.

Comment

Wage growth is still weak, that's a key number. You'd think from the availability of all these jobs, companies would raise their wages to incentivize better workers to join.
              Not really. Are the jobs really technical?
              Plus thousands more joined in which will help to keep wages flat and those thousands just pushed up the unemployment rate.

Even inflation is tempered because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Not really. Are the jobs really technical?
                Plus thousands more joined in which will help to keep wages flat and those thousands just pushed up the unemployment rate.

Even inflation is tempered because of it.

Market watch writes,

"While workers could reap higher pay and benefits, rising labor costs could also spur the Federal Reserve to raise the cost of borrowing more aggressively. That would mean higher payments for mortgages, new cars and other consumer goods."

The best news out of this report is that more than half the jobs created were good paying jobs.

Comment

Market watch writes,

"While workers could reap higher pay and benefits, rising labor costs could also spur the Federal Reserve to raise the cost of borrowing more aggressively. That would mean higher payments for mortgages, new cars and other consumer goods."

The best news out of this report is that more than half the jobs created were good paying jobs.
                  Where you saw that good paying jobs part?

Comment

Working...
                  X