Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White says he’ll meet with Conor McGregor in Liverpool to discuss future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White says he’ll meet with Conor McGregor in Liverpool to discuss future

Is Conor McGregor going to make his return to the UFC? He and the company will try to figure that out this weekend.

The only man ever to simultaneously hold two UFC weight-class championships will meet with UFC president Dana White this weekend in Liverpool, England, to discuss the former lightweight and featherweight champion’s next career moves, White told ESPN on Wednesday.

“We’re going to sit down and talk about his future and what’s next,” White said.

McGregor, of course, still has to contend with legal issues stemming from his alleged attack on a UFC fighter van following UFC 223 media day in the New York City borough of Brooklyn on April 5. McGregor, who was charged with three counts of assault and one of criminal mischief, is due to return to a New York courtroom June 14.

“I have nothing to do with the legal issues, he’ll need to figure that out on his own,” White said.

McGregor has not fought in the UFC since his lightweight title victory over Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden in November 2016. He lost a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas last August, and was supposed to meet with White in Brooklyn in April before the incident occurred.

Now, they’ll meet on the weekend of the UFC Liverpool card featuring Stephen Thompson vs. Darren Till, as White tries to get a read on where McGregor’s head is, professionally.

“Obviously, he has to deal with [his legal situation] in June,” White said. “I’m flying to Liverpool this weekend for a fight there, and he and I are going to meet in Liverpool.”
Working...
X