Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you consider Pacquiao one of the best offensive fighters of all time?

We're not talking complete package here. Talking about the execution. Inb4 "Marquez doe" already unveiled your gameplan serious answers please.

Absolutely! The mix of Power and Speed made him such a dangerous threat to almost anyone. Was to the point that even his worst matchup(Marquez) had trouble beating him decisively except the 4th fight where that fight was still an even affair

Comment

No. One of the best offensive fighters ever would have stopped fighters on the level of Jeff Horn, Algieri, or Bradon Rios. And he got shutdown and embarrassed by Floyd. Pac's offense is overrated.

Comment

Is this even a legit question

Manny, Oscar, and mike Tyson are the 3 greatest offensive fighters I have seen in my lifetime as they all were aggressive but had tremendous skill that separated them from other offensive fighters

Comment

If you don't you just a hater

Comment

Without a doubt. The speed and power combination along with the unpredictable and unique shots that he threw makes him one of the best offensive machines we've ever seen. In their showdown Floyd was extremely careful. That's says it all

Comment

IMO he is the most offensive boxer ever.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Is water wet? Of course he is. Not only did he have the speed and power, but he could throw from angles, most boxers couldn't dream of, and has some of the most beautiful counter punching, and laser like straights. And when his right hand became a legit weapon, he became the fighter of the decade.

And his footwork played a huge role in why he's such a deadly offensive fighter. He's always in position to throw with full leverage, and not only that, but he's so quick footed, he could be in a completely different spot of the ring, and leave you completely out of position, and crack you with lightning. Watch the Cotto fight, how Cotto couldn't keep up with the footwork, and foot speed, and would often times be completely erect like a statue, while Pacquiao was in his full fighting stance, unloading bombs on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  IMO he is the most offensive boxer ever.
                  Chocolatito has a good case against that claim. The very first time I had ever seen him use any head movement was his last fight.

But to answer OP's question, absolutely. He was an offensive force in every weight class he competed in

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    Chocolatito has a good case against that claim. The very first time I had ever seen him use any head movement was his last fight.

But to answer OP's question, absolutely. He was an offensive force in every weight class he competed in
                    I think you didn't read my post carefully enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X